Mental Support Community

Is this bad?

Sweetmom2

Hi

well ... I dnt eat in the morning i hardly eat lunch at 12. I eat at 4 in the afternoon. I ignore the hunger pains or soothe it with a apple, little yogurt or coffee. I am full of nonsence about my food and was like this since 11yrs after we moved. Breakfast gives me stomach cramps. I dnt have time to go and seek prof help, i have to drive an hour to another town to c a psyc. I have 2 kids under 4yrs. My husb likes my size and ppl are jealous of me.

Hi Sweetmom2

Its hard with small babies to remember to eat proper meals at proper times. Its so easy to get caught up with the needs of your little ones that often our own needs get put aside. I know speaking for myself I used to ignore the hunger pains coz well I had so much to do with my four babies, I just didnt have the time to sit down and eat at proper meal times, and would often drink way too much coffee and just get by on snacks throughout the day, till the little ones were asleep.

Maybe you if you could make a little time for yourself so that you can eat mid morning, instead of first thing then that might help with the stomach cramps you suffer if you eat at breakfast time. Perhaps have breakfast when your kids are having their mid - morning snack.

I hope thiis helps a little

Take care

Sue

Hi

well ... I dnt eat in the morning i hardly eat lunch at 12. I eat at 4 in the afternoon. I ignore the hunger pains or soothe it with a apple, little yogurt or coffee. I am full of nonsence about my food and was like this since 11yrs after we moved. Breakfast gives me stomach cramps. I dnt have time to go and seek prof help, i have to drive an hour to another town to c a psyc. I have 2 kids under 4yrs. My husb likes my size and ppl are jealous of me.

Just writing about how you ignore your hunger pains , and know that you yourself donot eat right .

Could be a issue for you. Try eating more so your not hungry . You have 2 very young children to keep up with and that takes energy. What would happened if mommy passess out one morning and your alone with them ?

If youcan't eat more for yourself then try to be a better example for your children . Your little ones are watching every move you make. They need you to be strong and healthy .

In my experience, this may not be a problem right now .. but it definitely has the potential to turn into one. I definitely agree with both Sue & mscat. People should not ignore or try to "soothe" hunger pains. They happen because your body is hungry; it's your cue to eat. I ignored them for so long that my stomach stopped growling. I think mscat has a point - if you can't eat for yourself, at least do it for your kids. My mom is somewhat overweight and I watched her never eat anything except dinner (sometimes not even that) for years, and I've been dealing with anorexia for 10 years now. My environment definitely had something to do with it.

Take care.

Archived