Mental Support Community

It's getting worse.

WhereIsTheLove

I am so frustrated. I am in my first year of college, and somehow last semester I made it almost four months without SI. Now, however, I have been cutting everyday, usually multiple times a day. I don't know what to do. Some of it is even planned eight hours in advance. I am in therapy, but I would also like some help here. Any ideas? I don't understand why all of a sudden I want to hurt myself all the time. It was never this bad.

So, has anything changed since last semester? I'm sure you've thought about it, but ... Are your classes more stressful, this time? Did anything change in your home life? Your relationships?

When you're planning it ahead of time, what were you thinking about when the planning started? Obviously, once you thought of the plan, that's all you probably thought about, but how about before that?

I find that I tell myself a lot of stuff I don't want myself to hear ...

If I had to guess I would think that their are many college stressors going on for you .+ you have turned to SI for a long time and it has become something easier to do , when your upset , stressed out , worried , or just about anything that is not going right .

Do u know what triggers you ? Perhaps exchange what triggers you to some other activites you can do instead of SI. SI does tend to get worse when their are so many stressors in ones life . It grabs a hold and won't let go. THe key i s to not let it grab a hold of you and find other healthier ways of coping.

Archived