Mental Support Community

Car wreck :(

mscat

I allowed my brother to drive my really nice car yesterday eve, to go grocery shopping. Since we live in a tiny town , everone goes out of town to get their food.

On the freeway a man in a truck had a scooter that came loose and fell in the middle of the road, well my brother was the second car , the first car had time to swerve , get off the road, my brother did not. He only had time to move my car slightly , just enough as to where the scooter did not come crashing through the windshield. However, it went over the hood of my toyota camry smashing it up badly . A possibble totaled car.

The air bags deployed and it was loud , but saved my brother . I also had my 13yr old nephew in the car with his 13 yr old friend , both were in the backseat. But, one of the seatbelts is messed up in the backseat, where my nephew was sitting , so he was banged up , sore this morning , as is my brother.

I kept telling my brother it was ok , as long as they were going to be ok , can't replace those u love , all I cared about was them .

My brother and I drank beer like crazy last night , of course I puked all over myself :) But, got smashed anyway.

No car for a while , but I could not take it if something happened to my brother and nephew.

It is awful not to have my car right now. However, at least my brother and nephew are ok.

I will not know anything about the car until Monday, so trying not to worry about it. Was hung over today , but did not care a damn bit. Hung over and tired as hell . I just want to curl up and sleep, sometimes never to wake up .

You have been through a lot Cathy. I'm assuming you are on meds and the drinking although feels good I know from experience it just screws our systems up worse. So I hope you just take it easy now, you drank and needed to do it, and I hope you just kick back and let your body and mind recover... :)

What a bummer Cathy... It's good your brother and nephew are alright, that's the main thing. But car problem are such a headache, I feel for you in that way too. I hate having car problems!!! Pretty well always drove cars that had issues and it always drove batty. It sounds like you taking it stride, that's the best way anyway. Things always end up working out, but it's such a pain in the but while you're sorting everything out... and being without wheels really cramps one's style :D

MsCat

I'm wishing you the best, too. I'm glad everyone was ok. One time my daughter let her friend use her car and he totalled it. She had to rent a car for a while to get to work. It is quite expensive, even with insurance.

I'm really glad your brother and nephew are ok.

God is good.

You have been through a lot Cathy. I'm assuming you are on meds and the drinking although feels good I know from experience it just screws our systems up worse. So I hope you just take it easy now, you drank and needed to do it, and I hope you just kick back and let your body and mind recover... :)

Yes , I am on meds Linda..... I did not take them that night though , but earlier in the day I had. I did get watsted and threw up all over myself , that was the worst part .

But, today I feel so much better . LOL . Physically . It is starting to hit me real hard about my car , and I am depressed about it. :D

Glad your feeling better Cathy... Physically :D

Ok so the car is messed up, no one got severely hurt and yes it's ok to be pissed and angry. So you drank the trauma away... the car will get fixed....

try to put the whole thing in perspective and DON"T get depressed from it. The attention you are giving it is not good for you... Know what I mean? Don't let the car win!!! :P

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Cathy,

Actually, if you think about it, this is an example of what we call a miracle. Your brother was not hurt. Cars can be replaced but people cannot. That scooter could easily have gone through the windshield and killed him and more people. Just think: "Someone up there really likes you and your brother."

Allan:)

You are absolutely correct, Allen. This is what the police said too. If my brother had not slightly turned the wheel of the ar the scooter would of come through the windshield. It could have been much worse , very bad.

As for the car, it is too soon to even get the police report , the car is jsut sitting in the car parking lot , I called them , wanting to know if it can be repaired or it is totaled .

Cathy

Archived