Mental Support Community

Screen names

Jetliner

SweetSue ~ Suggested by a friend here when I needed a new user name. Sue is my name, so I guess its ok, Sweet Sue is actually a flower :eek:

jessicajane my previous user name, was my little girls name, she was forever trying to help me on the pc, when I was trying to do the weekly on-line grocery shop. Well as much help as any playful 2 year old. So I used her name for everything, I reckoned atleast that way I could never forget my codes :D

Danni was a horse I had for 23 years. I got her when I was 10. I was devestated when she died. I had never been an adult without her. She was my rock and the only safe place I had growing up. She gave me escape and peace if only for awhile. I love my current horses but Danni was special. I still miss her.

Great topic, Jetliner. :D

I'm a sucker for deep meanings, so Luna is for all the moon connotations. I was born under Cancer (moon ruling 'planet') love the moon and soft moonlight (as opposed to harsh sun), plus there is the connotation of darkness as in Robert Frost's "I have been one acquainted with the Night" and the light in the darkness as well as the waxing and waning and influence on high and low tides to go with my up and down moods.

And then there is moon madness and the word 'lunatic'. It just seemed to fit me! The hyphen after it is because the forum program wouldn't let me be just Luna.

Deep. Very deep. :cool:

David O........ can't for the life of me figure out why I chose this username, especially b/c, well,.................................... it's my name maybe. How's that for deep (sorry to disappoint you Luna)??

I actually wanted to use Cimabue [Cenni di Pepo (Giovanni) Cimabue c. 1240 — c. 1302], the name of the ancient, Italian, Byzantine painter who painted The Madonna of St. Francis, Crucifix, and others. His art was 2-dimensional (flat) and the name was going to be one of a sort of irony, since life is actually led in more than 2 dimensions, although many choose to live it in only those dimensions.

Cimabue was my user-name when I was on the dating scene-- it always was a conversation piece... but then again, that was muchos years ago.

Good question señor,

David

Symora is a character I played for many years in Dungeons and Dragons. When my kids were young, my X and I used to play with another couple who also had young kids. We would put the kids to bed and just let imagination run like the wind in the fantasy worlds of ogres and dragons:) Symora was a fighter, dwarf (I'm actually quite tall in real life...) and she was sassy, smart and brave. I quite liked playing her for a very long time. And I just like the name :-)

Ms.Muse has always been my name on the internet for may years. Muse is from the writers and artist thing. I'm a published poet and did some painting in my day, also was an freelance editor, writing, and stuff. And I've not stopped doing those things, really; I do them a bit different now. I had to use musemuse to sign up here, probably because the name has become somewhat popular.

This question sort of give an insite into people that would be rarely known, huh?

My real middle name has the initials IJ. My parents named me after each of my grandmothers. I actually despise the name and don't often want to share it. Most people would incorrectly guess IrmaJean. When I registered my mind went blank and this was what first came to mind. :P

Isn't it interesting, IrmaJean, that the name you despise should give birth to the name you have here. There is obviously a deeply disturbing conflict in your unconscious - have you discussed this with your therapist...? :D:)

Well, I could say that I chose my screen name in memory of a famous namesake (perhaps even remote relative) - and that, in the most literal sense, could be taken as true. However, like David, I have to admit that it is my own name. Using this medium, I do not harbour any illusions of Anonymity. Or, even, of Alcoholic Anonymity ...

Best regards,

Mine's an anagram of my middle initial and last name, but I do prefer not to come up on Google searches for me. :-) I later thought of 'karmalign', which includes my full middle name (Mark, the one I use in life), and used it for the e-mail account. 'karmalign' sounds like I'm trying to align my karma, so that's amusing, though not a word. But I had already chosen the account name, so I stuck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird-I thought I have already answered this topic!

Well, the day I discovered this site was a very tough one, needed quick answers to a problem...also it was a period I needed answers to anything, searching and reading about that stuff...trying to find truths about me and solutions about my life. So when I entered I wanted to find something quickly, something I never used before in any forum, something that is relevant to the theme of the site and I came up with a name that reflected that period... Autognosy is excactly that in Greek... having knowledge about yourself-knowing who you are. Well I didn't know, I was searching (still am) but let's say I put a nick that showed what I was seaking to accieve at that period.

My choice was very prosaic: based on my initials. And as the screen-name has to have more than 2 and even more than 4 letters, I doubled the initials (then it sounds almost like a name, doesn't it? And as "singing", as well :) ) and added a number...

I have a suggestion: We could include here a similar question about avatars.

(My avatar is Marvin, the maniodepressive (yes, I know; now it's called bipolar, but in the book, it's called maniodepressive! ;)) robot from the book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I like the character very much ;) (but, by the way, I'm not bipolar, fortunately...))

Heh, well at the log house construction job (year 4 for me there), we rib each other, and I probably shouldnt write some of the names we call each other here, a**wipe is one, dork is another, "hey, dork, get off my extention cord"

Well steve was raised around horses, wears one of those big buckles, gets called "cowdork"

So. being on the dork crew, led by masterdork john, I use the dork name proudly. But I was never called logdork there. I'm "hollywood".

When it was getting well into the 100s, I had one of those big umbrella's attached to my scaffolding, and with my dropfoot, I had a hard time getting up and down. Oh, yea, and I was wearing mirrored sunglasses.

So steve started calling me hollywood, and it stuck. "Steve! get me a beer!"

"Yesss, hollywood!"

Judgement, because... To be honest, now that I'm faced with the question I'm really not sure. I guess all I can say is that it's meant sarcastically, meaning I detest how everyone is just "judged" so poorly with no room for change or learning.

People should be free to strive for the person they want to become, without the restraints of society and its norms to tie them down. Period.

Genesis, because... because I could. :)

Genesis means 'beginning' it's also the first book of Bible. I was raised in a religious enviroment, and used to be very, very religious.

And at this point in my life I'm trying to begin again. Sorta like rising from the ashes. :D

But I don't feel a need to start a new thread about it. If somebody wants to, s/he can write about his/her avatar here or even start a new thread him/herself.

(If you're interested in Marvin, you can read the books! :o (I recommended them also in the thread "what are you reading?"...))

Archived