Mental Support Community

please someone help me

raven1976

I do not want to be a pedophile but I do get urges that cause me great anxiety to touch and I do get fixated on little girls beauty. Please help. Am I both? If I was never around children I would get no urges and I would not go looking for kids but somehow I dont know if that means i am not attracted becasue I get fixated on there looks. HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Is it true you have been having these anxieties for the past 8 years. Have you not acted out on them at all (this includes viewing material on the internet in this case) in the past 8 years. If so, this may all be in your head.

" touch and I do get fixated on little girls beauty" ? Do you find little girls sexually attractive. I mean, techincally they are beautiful, but there is a big difference between simply thinking they are beautiful and finding them sexually attractive.

I do not look up images on the internet because if I did it would cause great anxiety. I have never acted on an impulse for sexual gratification because it would make me greatly anxious. I do think that young girls are beautiful but I do not know if it is sexual. How do you know? Is it that you would want to have sex with them because then the answer is no, but isnt admiring their beauty and bodies sexual?

Hey! Sorry I didn't meant to come of as aggressive in that first post, but, if you have been having this anxiety for a long time and haven't acted out on it... well great news! If you really have been worrying about weather you are attracted to young girls for a long time, take the fact that you haven't at all acted on any urges, well suggests, that you don't even have any of these urges.

I mean, it sounds to me like a lot of this is all in your head. You aren't a danger to anyone, you haven't done anything to feel guilty about regarding this. Why torture yourself so much about it?

And you ask how can you tell if the feelings are sexual? Well, I guess that is always going to be a bit of a grey area, but, just think of it like this.

A small kitten is both very cute, and therefore very beautiful. However, I think both of us can agree it is not sexually arrousing.

Are the feelings similar to this? If so, you definitely don't have anything to worry about

Take care :)

true my t says it is all in my head because I have not acted out on it and I have had impulses since 8 years of age and I am now 33, she also syas I am no danger and that is great but I see your analogy with the kitten but I am still confused when I see young girls and teens I feel different than if I see a man or a woman. I get more fixated on their looks and then all the impulses come to touch with scare me and I am able to fight them off but I also feel different inside when I see them like I just saw Nigara Falls in all it's wonder and stomachs and legs and butts can sometimes trigger me. So I am confused.

I am married to a man but I do not like men and being with a woman would be kind of scary. I see what you mean but I am attracted to very young little girls. I dont want to be with them sexually because I would then kill myself and it is sick. I am not understanding any correlations in what I have said and you are saying. I just want to know why I find them attractive and if that makes me a pedophile.

ravens

I'm sorry I was not helpful, and I did not make the link with the other thread we were on.... :-( I wish I could help you, but I've never lived something like that and I don't have professional skills to draw upon.... I hope you find the answer you're looking for since I can tell it's really bothering you...

Are you doing anything to help yourself think about other things, focus elsewhere to give your mind a break perhaps? How much are you discussing this with your therapist?

Archived