Mental Support Community

Do you have real life friends in your head? Like.. mini versions?

Do you have all your friends in your head that you talk with and they talk about and you hang out and stuff?

I've googled it, but people are like yeah. But I MAKE them say what I want them to. Does anyone have friends in their head that have their own mind? Where it's not you replying to yourself from your friend?

Does this make any sense?

Hi SupernaturalNeonPink

Well it kinda makes sense to me, but then Ive struggled with hearing voices for like nearly a year now. With me though the "people" (if I can call them that) are not very nice at all, and well I wouldnt ever describe them as my friends.

So in answer to your question

"Does anyone have friends in there head that have their own mind" , "Where it is not you replying to yourself from a friend"

I would have to say yep, mine are not friendly but I guess its a similar sort of thing.

Hope today is kind to you :)

Take care

• 2 months later...

i kinda know what your saying. i think. I hear argueing inside my head. almost like good vs. evil type argueing. when im real lonely i DO have a friendly voice that i hear, its soothing, its a friend, and in my opinion its ME consoling myself. i think lol. not sure really. and yes you make perfect sense to me. :rolleyes:

I hear one voice in my head constantly. It's like another me basically, except(this sounds real cheesy) the darker side of me. The manipulative, cold-hearted bastard who wants it all. And yet I relate to "him" well. It has a mind of it's own. But I also hear voices outside of my head, around, people talking, scary voices, noises that insist that some one is breaking into my house. When theirs nothing happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Do you have all your friends in your head that you talk with and they talk about and you hang out and stuff?

I've googled it, but people are like yeah. But I MAKE them say what I want them to. Does anyone have friends in their head that have their own mind? Where it's not you replying to yourself from your friend?

Does this make any sense?

I am really sorry that I am so late to engage in this conversation. Indeed, I have friends inside my head. I have my Gods. They do not have voices, but I do speak to them in a non-kinetic way, They have always been benevolent, at times reprimanding, but whenever I "think" at them, they "think" back. This is also what may often be referred to as a form of thought insertion. I address my gods silently, and they respond. They very much seem to have their own minds, often if not always responding with something that had never occurred to me. I feel their love and attention in the same way that I would an actual, physical person with whom I consider a close friendship.

It should be noted, however, that for objective analysis, this is not consider a normal function of the brain. For this purpose I attempt to acknowledge that these thoughts are my own and indeed not the thoughts of some exterior divine being.

Archived