Mental Support Community

mutual friend in hospital

katleen

• 6 months later...

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Tash,

There's nothing wrong with caring about your friends, and it's very easy to pull up old posts with a search ... I just thought it better that you know Linda's okay than to let you keep worrying. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Hi FMW, ahh today was a shutdown day and cancelled my therapist appt. I know she is very upset because she told me I cant do this and no matter how I feel, I need to get my butt to her. I guess she cant get to the tough parts if I cancel when I am in one of those times of something really bothering me...

My husband took one look at me and said, time to go to the hospital? Of course I said no. I can be very stubborn and of course after 4 yrs of this I have learned how to hide alot and not say too much. But, my eyes give it away...

Yup I know not the best thing but my pdoc is away and he is my inpatient Dr as well and last time I was in, I left with no meds and very quickly so no assholes trigger me worse. So actually the psych hospital is a toxic place for me and I need a womans program.

So maybe the residential place (Timberline Knolls) is an answer but I dont want to commit to a program that I will probably shutdown for when stuff gets tough and I cant regulate myself.

Thats all I need is to go to an inpatient hospital halfway across the states and far from home... Not good...

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Linda,

Sorry to hear you are going through such a tough time. When does your Pdoc return?

I agree with your therapist about getting to the appointment when things are tough, like now. I also know how tough it is to do that, very tough.

Just know that we are here for you and are always supportive of you.

Warmly,

Allan

Hi Allan, thanks for asking :)

well my new therapist want s to send me to residential (Timberline Knolls) in Chicago. I shut down you know that. And I think after all of this, I just dont have the desire to live. I'm not suicidal but she sees it as "sabotage" so how do I get through sessions???

Protection, walls go up, I don't know anymore.... and I certainly don't know how to look at my life and get the mental energy or desire to do anything. So that just cirlces and spirals around the flat life I am living. So why do I want to live?

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Linda,

Perhaps going to residential treatment would be good for you, perhaps not, I don't know. However, what does concern me is that your therapist calls your not wanting to go as "self sabatage." It concerns me because it seems like blaming to me. I am not implying that she is not a good therapist but just that I have questions about that particular response. Instead of making a comment like that, she should be exploring with you why you do not want to go.

And, so, why do you think you do not want to go?

Allan

Archived