Mental Support Community

desipramine

Desipramine (Norpramin, Pertofane) is a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA). It inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine and to a lesser extent serotonin. It is used to treat depression, but not considered a first line treatment since the introduction of SSRI antidepressants. Desipramine is an active metabolite of imipramine.

Along with other tricyclics, desipramine has found use in treating neuropathic pain. The mechanism of action seems to involve the activation, through norepinephrine reuptake inhibition, of descending pathways in the spinal cord that block pain signals from ascending to the brain. Desipramine is one of the most potent and selective medications in this respect. It may also be used to treat symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder, as the underproduction of norepinephrine has been increasingly linked to symptoms associated with Attention Deficit Disorder[citation needed]. It may also be used to treat symptoms of cocaine withdrawal.

The above from wikopedia

Guys, this stuff is magic for me. On again now-five weeks, 200 mg. Am sleeping, first time in two yrs to go all night now, and have been

for awhile. Have been waking in better and better moods. Have energy and lightness of being again. Have been having severe flight or fight stuff and inability to finish much of anything. Had seven good years on this before. Would have used this inbetween times but was stuck on brand name only. Am on generic. I recommend anyone with unrelenting depression and anxiety try this. The adhd thing-it's there, too. This helps.

Anyway, just wanted to share. Am also on seroquel but it just calms my reactions a bit. Was on it first this time.

Anyway, happy days.

Don't give up. Don't blame yourselves. Without the right chemicals-it's significant.

love

katleen

We adopted a retriever, a four year old very willful puppy a few months ago. She's such a pleasure, has a few bad habits, we love her.

The greys don't agree. One bald since we adopted him years ago, but way more feathers now, actually, and another one, seven, had since a baby, working on removing hers. They aren't good with Suze's exuberance (the DOG-she weighs 75 pounds and is tall and strong and impulsive). We're working on gentle and no surprises with the birds from Suze, but she is a DOG. She's chased them both at different times in our all getting to know each other. She doesn't at all now, but tries to get in between us, and of course runs up on them not thinking. And a new kitten is bouncing them now if they get on the floor. We watch them close, but all have freedom to move about. It takes about a year to incorporate new bodies, new lifestyles really, to an established population of birds,and everyone a chance to find new personal space. I love the process.

Um, thank you, mscat.

Oh

We dwell with two cats as well as the birds and dog, one old, one very young, and four others w/personality plus next door. They've come into our lives one at a time and we cherish each individual.

Time to sleep. Should probably blog. Don't know. Always think it's finally good when I'm up, that I won't go down again.

Waking up feeling a littler lighter of being this week.

Hope you will tell me about you

love

katleen

Archived