Mental Support Community

I hate myself

D Dub

Hi Everyone,

Don't you think that the reason many of you have been "dumped," as you put it, because of things you have said and done with other people? In my opinion, it is more helpful to look at one's own behavior to try to learn about what is going on. Psychotherapy helps with that. Then, work on changing the behaviors that push other people away.

What do you think?

Allan

In any relationship there could be a 1001 different things that go wrong and cause a break up. It could be an accumilation of little things, or one huge event or problem. The reason's are endless. In any case you cannot control the other persons thoughts anyway.

Being obcessed with our size, it is likely that we tend to process all information through a negative filter. Which is one way we use our brains against ourselves. But unfortunately when you are in a pub and a girl you have had sex with stands up and shouts at the top of her voice "go on nd, show everyone your little cock" tends to reinforce that filter. The small is negative filter is also constanly being reinforced my the media, society etc etc. The real trick is filtering out what is really important and what isnt, and then choosing what and how you focus on it. Easily said, harder to do.

By the way Alan, I just noticed your pic. Just what are you doing with that dog:eek::D:D

Just teasing:)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Irma,

Of that ISTJ explanation, I say the majority of it fits with how I view myself, most of it I would agree with and would not like to change.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

Using the stressor of small. The above is the method I have used to make the mistakes I have. Catastrophising (is that a word?) I recognise from CBT.

I've now got a basic understanding of CBT and how it helps me identify what I have been doing wrong with my thinking which has helped a huge amount.

CBT has helped me recognise what I do wrong, and then how to correct those wrongs. NLP is helping me to use the principles of CBT to create the positive thoughts to replace the negative ones.

Its the "no two things can occupy the same space" thing again.

Archived