Mental Support Community

Bpd

bailey221

I have BPD. I've gotten by ok for the last couple of years, but in the last few weeks, I feel like my life is spiraling out of control. I try to drink away the pain most nights. I have been distancing myself from all my friends because i dont want to end up lashing out at them for nothing, but now they're hurt that i never talk to them. I cut. I have been cutting everyday lately because idk what else to do, how else to get through this. I'm really afraid of myself right now because I have no control anymore. If anyone has any advice or support, I could really use it right now.

Bailey,

Have you looked into psychotherapy for your BPD? Like dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)?. Becuase that is one of the best options for people who cut so that they can learn how to develop alternatives to cutting. Please help us to understand what sorts of treatment you've looked into in the past and how those efforts have worked out.

Mark