Mental Support Community

Quick personal note:

DahliMOMMA

We had a little medical emergency come up this weekend.

My husband got very ill and began vomiting blood on a quick trip yesterday out to visit my in-laws. He went to the ER and was admitted out there,w/ bleeding ulcer. I am at home tonight to take care of a few loose ends and get things together for my mom to fill in for me at here at home with kids so I can drive back out until he's released in a day or two. Things are looking okay though they just want to be safe monitoring his blood levels and run a scope to see exactly what's going on, and make sure he's safe to leave.

Any positive thoughts/prayers appreciated!:P

DahliMOMMA

DH is going to get prepped for his scoping procedure (checking bleeding in stomach/ small intestine...) shortly...I know it's a routine thing but anything with general anesthesia makes me a touch nervous. At least I have laptop to keep me occupied.:) Crossing fingers no big surprises show up and I can take him home late today!

happy to be home. DH's Scoping procedure went pretty well, bleeding is stopped for now. Showed stomach and duodenal ulcers and irritation, will have biopsy results in a week or so.Some minor diet and lifestyle changes. He'll have to start a maintenance meds and will know if he needs to be on more when we get all labs back.

Good to know what's going on though.:)

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Dahlimomma,

I identify with you and your husband just having gone through shoulder surgery and still recovering. I guess reslience means getting through these things even though they are difficult.

Allan:)