Mental Support Community

JustTrying removed from moderator status

Mark

All,

I'm sorry to say that there have been numerous complaints about one of our moderator's behavior, JustTrying, and on that basis, I have removed her from moderator status, effective immediately. She retains her community membership of course, and we will consider reversing the decision in the future (say in a month from now) if conditions improve and if she is interested.

This is a mental health support community. People that frequent here in many cases have mental health issues they are working through. Among them are substance abuse issues and neuropsychologically based vulnerability to psychosis and mood problems that can affect judgment. I take this action on behalf of the community's interest in preserving a feeling of safety, but it should not be interpreted as anything against JT who continues to be a valued member of this community, though apparently one who is presently not showing good judgment. Please keep this in mind as you interact with JT going forwards. This kind of thing could happen to most anyone here so we all need to proceed with compassion regarding what is occurring.

In fact, I'm perpetually amazed that this sort of thing doesn't happen more frequently. I attribute the more or less smooth functioning of our communtiy to good moderation and good mutual support between members. Please keep that up, as that is what we are here to do for one another.

Mark

Sooo sorry... never meant to hurt anyone... I will go away..... I hate too because I need you people that think like me that are bipolar and Schizo... i don't need to be alone... but IF i am hurting people I will not post.... no need to ban me... would like to read... but I give... maybe I am more messed up than I think.... Gabs

Well, Gabby, another thought might be not to jump to so many conclusions, at least not so quickly.

It was I who suggested to Dr. Dombeck that the anger level of some of your recent posts was inappropriate in a site moderator. No one is interested in keeping you from posting, or from feeling safe here. We're all aware that everyone here is a sufferer, of something. The only thing is, you have to give everyone else the same safe feeling that you take for granted.

This had nothing to do with David, except that no one deserves to be told that they don't know what they're talking about. You're certainly entitled to think it; it just doesn't add anything to the discussion at hand. You don't even have to pretend to agree. Had you said, "I'm sorry, I disagree. I think ...<whatever>", no one would have had any concern.

And seriously, David's quite big enough to take care of himself. The person I was concerned about was the guy in the other thread, to whom you offhandedly said "get over it". I wonder how you would have handled someone saying that to you.

But I wouldn't have let them do that, any more than I would accept you doing it.

Well I am sooo glad you think you have the right to comment about me... there was many a time you said things I did not agree with... but considering the context of this site EVERYONE.... should be allowed to express their opinions...there will be some that disagree..some that take offense.. some that leave... but that is life..I am not here to colldel anyone..... I am here for me.. and if that upsets some I am sorry... but any way..... I do not normally got to the SMall Penis section... not my expertise as I have none... but MAYBE JUST MAYBE I had been raped that night and didn't give a shit.... DONE....JT.....

Mark I need to talk

JT - I have responded to you via PM.

All,

I'm seeing that in the small penis forum, there is some gloating over this event and that needs to be shut down. I've threatened to ban the individual who I saw doing that (recluse I think) if he does not apologize. This is not a time for gloating; that will make things worse. This is a time for reflection and compassion.

Mark

JT, I'm so sorry you are having a difficult time as of late. Please remember that we are all here for each other and do not feel it is necessary for anyone to leave. I hope you find the help you need right now. As always you can share your thoughts with us here as well.

Archived