Mental Support Community

Stupid, eh ? thats me !!!

SweetSue

Good morning Ms. Sue,

I periodically want to check in on my old friend and I'm so sorry that your days are like this. i would love to give you half of my energy-- I sleep 4-5 hours per night then bounce around all day like a giddy boy (my wife jokingly calls me a giant infant), excited to be alive-- and I have very good reason to be so. But my heart goes out to you dear fiend and my hope is that some day you will have healed enough to be in the world as much as you want to.

I had some thoughts that I want to share with you later, when I have a bit more time to write.

Ciao chica muy linda,

David

Hi Sue I am glad to hear from you but I see that you are really struggling and i truely understand....

I wish there was something I could do to help, I do know the difficulties in functioning when feeling really bad and feeling flat and not processing anything in life.

Please make sure you take your meds and I hope you feel better. I am sending hugs and love your way and please know we all miss you and your chiper "voice" here on the forum... :(

Guest GingerSnap

Sue: Don't be "sorry". If you are comfortable, give a little more detail. I am betting someone else probably understands this better than I do but I do know with all that you have been through that just one more little trivial ant hill probably seems like a mountain because you are so exhausted from all the past upsets. I would encourage you to talk it out here or with someone somewhere as I think that will help. You're old?:eek: I'm ancient then! Many days I feel unprepared to meet the challenges. I am always saying what a waste school was because they never taught us to actually do anything or deal with anything - all those wasted years! Since I am absolutely ancient, there are no older relatives anymore to give me advice so I am sort of it.:confused: Once you have some successes, that will help. Also, how much of this could be medications that you are receiving. Make sure you are getting fresh air, exercise and eating right - this will make you feel better - oh yes it will, I mean, I would know this since I am, after all, ancient.:D Sending you good vibrations!

Hang in there, SweetSue.

Let your brain do some healing. Don't be hard on yourself...it avails nothing but more bad feelings. Your messages to others are always so supportive and kind. You've helped me so much. Give yourself the same.

love and hugs

katleen

Hi SUe ,

I am no expert here , but to me it seems like it is anxiety , or some PTSD going on ? Are you seeing a therapist that can help you work these things , feelings and thoughts out? I hope you will and can feel bettter soon . Your in no way stuppid either !!!

mscat

i'm having a similar issue just not as intense! I have absolutely no desire to get out of bed ever!! every day I wake up between noon and lately 2ish. All my therapist could tell me was "just force yourself". i'm not very good and "forcing myself" to do anything but I am trying hard to work on it. I'm trying to just keep busy with things to distract myself from going back into my bed by doing things for me. I've recently just finished some are projects and it feels nice actually accomplishing something with my time:)

When I try and think about describing how I feel I often think my brain is like a gas hob. When someone turns on one of the rings and the gas comes out and they press the little ignite button. And sometimes there are several clicks but it doesn't fire up. I don't know if that makes sense written down!! But then I think I am just a bit stupid. But when I think about it I'm not stupid I'm just misfiring. So I can understand what you are saying.

Hope you are ok.

... I have absolutely no desire to get out of bed ever!! ... All my therapist could tell me was "just force yourself".

Yes, it's hard, isn't it? What goads me up when I'm in that state, is knowing that if I don't, I will only fall deeper and deeper into the pit and have a harder climb out. And it's bad enough already, thanks. :rolleyes:

SweetSue: try to be gentle with yourself? You've been through a rough time, you do what you can do...

Guest ASchwartz

Sweetsue,

Ouch, please, please, go easy on yourself. Coping can be difficult and that is true for everyone. Stop being so hard on yourself.

Allan:)

Archived