Mental Support Community

Thank you

Calla

I just felt like everytime I write on here it's when I am feeling horrible and self obsessed. So I thought for a change I would write and say thank you for all the help people have given me. This place makes me feel safe and supported. I often come back and don't write anything just read and that is still comforting. Big love to everyone xx

Welcome back Calla,

I kept seeing your name somewhere. People see your name and that makes them think about you. So keep it up. That is a good thing.:o

and you have been in my prayers because you needed something.

So write and I will get to know you that way:)

I have depression/bipolar for many many years now, and I'm still surviving. I go through many ups and downs.

God is good.

Be blessed

Hi Calla,

I sometimes think that we don't talk about or demonstrate enough appreciation to those who respond to our deepest fears and needs. The fascinating thing has been to watch many of us evolve over time and the longer you're here, the more evident it becomes that as we write in, ask for help, or offer from our own strength and soul to others--- the richer we become and the more we heal in our own pains.

I don't know that I have ever directly posted asking for help here, but I have received more here than I imagined possible, and my life has been made so much richer, and the inner demons have come to surface less often. This is a place of healing for most of us, and with all humility I'll claim the prize as one of the most helped of anyone here.

David

Hi Calla I agree with David and Muse, we all have our ups and downs, sometimes we write and reply to posts and sometimes we just read the posts. Whatever works and I think that is what is truely great about a forum like this that I am 4 months new to that it lets us do exactly whatever we need and want to do...

Hope your doing well :)

I guess I was just feeling like all I do is take! I don't really comment on other people's threads too much because I don't feel I have the experience or knowledge to really help. Especially as I won't actually help myself! :confused:

So all I was really doing was coming on here and wallowing. Then going away again. I think I have been slightly self medicating with alcohol lately which I know I must stop and I think I then rant a bit more maybe. I just thought it might be nice to have a balance. People are always quick to criticise but never to praise! :)

Hi Calla,

This is OK... many come and they guiltily feel as if all they do is take and take until they are filled... and for many, they never are because their pain runs so deep. No one minds this at all, we're here for each other and that's all that really matters--- no one keeps score.

Far more important than experience and knowledge is compassion, understanding, sensitivity, humility and giving of ones' self to others-- so you'll never have to worry about having to know something b/c that's not necessarily what is healing. By the way, one of the quickest ways to help yourself is to dig into other's threads and concerns.

There is an ancient Hasidic tale that I love, I've mentioned it before but it never hurts to say it again. There’s an ancient Hasidic tale (The Sorrow Tree) wherein pilgrims vied for the position of “who here has suffered the most?” and, “who is most entitled to complain?” The Zaddick told them the story of the Tree of Sorrows.

After everyone has found a limb from which to hang their miseries, each person is allowed to slowly walk around the tree, searching for a set of sufferings and pains that he or she would prefer to those he or she has hung on the tree. In the end, each one freely chooses to reclaim his or her own assortment of sorrows rather than those of another. Each person leaves the Tree of Sorrows wiser that when he or they arrived.

“Take what you want,” says God, “and pay for it!” where on the Day of Judgment, each person will be allowed to hang one's complaints, pains, unhappiness and sufferings on a branch of the great.

When you're ready, you can talk about your alcohol use-- we'll be here.

David

Edited by David O

It doesn't take experience or knowlege to lend a helping ear or to just give a kind word of encouragement. There are plenty of posts that you can reply to so just try a few and you will see how easy it is and how much better you will feel saying even hi and welcome.

Hang on here and stay awhile instead of self medicating :)

Most of the time when people reply to me I just burst into tears. That's not a good sign I guess!? I'm not sure why. But I think you are right, I will try talking about other people to take my self obsessed mind somewhere else!! :)

On second thoughts, after having a look around, I see people like David O et al writing such insightful, knowledgeable replies and I realise I will just sound stupid. I'll stick to just reading I think. But still hope that doesnt make me look ungrateful. Crawling into the bottom of that wine bottle is much easier I'm afraid. :)

come on Calla you don't need the wine. You write so nice on your posts just take a chance on someone elses. You can't compare your self to anyone else here we are all individuals with a little different twist and our posts and replies show that....

Just find a post you feel comfortable with and write something :)

It's just I can't talk about medication or therapy as I don't know anything. And I still feel totally in the grips of it all so how can I possibly advise anyone. I think I am suffering from over sensitivity! If I reply and someone then says something much more intellectual I feel a bit stupid.

On second thoughts, after having a look around, I see people like David O et al writing such insightful, knowledgeable replies and I realise I will just sound stupid. I'll stick to just reading I think. But still hope that doesnt make me look ungrateful. Crawling into the bottom of that wine bottle is much easier I'm afraid. :)

Hi Calla,

There is another old tale about a hyena who is yelling and talking to a rock alongside the path. As the hynea continues on with its' monolgue with the stone, another one passes by and says: "Why do you talk to the rock, it cannot answer you?" The first hyena stops and says: "It doesn't have to answer, what I do know is that it listened quietly, w/o walking away or passing judgment!"

Often, just listening is enough, and by the way, too frequently I jump start a response w/o having listened to what the person is truly saying from their heart's mind, so I miss out on the best part of being here with others. This sometimes results in my missing the mark completely.

I see you've joined in on other threads... nice job!

David