Mental Support Community

i feel like cutting badly now

Ethnicgirl4life

Hi Ethnicgirl

I know it is a terrible feeling and like Mscat said you need to find a distraction. AND maybe call someone a friend, family member. This is the time where your support team can help. It is the time like this that you need to have a plan set up to as to how you will cope.

But for now stay on the forum and keep distracted and I hope you contact your therapist or DR tomorrow.

I hope you feel better :)

Ethnicgirl,

For the next impulse, grab a piece of ice and hold it tightly in your palm, then take a rubber band and snap it hard across the wrist of the hand holding the ice. Then take a red marker/pen and draw deep lines across your wrist where only you can see. None of this will damage your skin (unlike cutting), but it may give you the release you need for now.

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this, I know this is extremely difficult stuff and the need to self injure is like an Anaconda that strangles every other thought and feeling out of your system.

And as msact and Linda have wisely stated, stay with us and distract yourself until the feelings pass.

Stay with us, we'll be here,

David

I feel like cutting still but not as bad now and ill try to distract myself ere until my self harm urge is completely gone,and is purging self harm?

Cause i feel like purging to now since i ate a meal.I see my dietion on tues and my doc on thurs .

I feel so bad i want to numb pain now:(

Hang in there ethnicgirl. Check this site for information they have about self harm. This site has a lot of information and just keep reading. And maybe google as well and you might find some inspirational sites about coping.

Point is, keep distracted and focused on something else... You are doing good!!! :)

i was told that purging is self harm is that true?

and i will try to not harm me but hard to cope since im severly depressed. and hardely eating body is beggin for mercy,rest,nutrtion.:mad:

Yes, purging is a form of self harm. Allow your body to have that meal , and give yourself rest , as hard as this is for you .

i cant do that body does not deserve

seems to me that you feel that you need to punish yourself, and this a way to do it .... It is only going to make you more sicker , and NO you do not need to punish yourself , I think you are a sweet, and wonderful person who needs to learn other more healthier ways of coping .

What do you think ?

plan for if things get worse for me and tips to help you help me:

• don't try to guilt me into eating.
  • be patient with me .
  • be careful not to trigger me with weight talk .
  • dont talk about cals to me ,say no i dont want to talk about that if i bring cals up.
  • ask me if you are unsure of what to say or what suggestions you could make on food to eat that ill be ok with and wont get trggered by eating it as much.
  • when trying to persuade me to eat dont let me telll you otherwise or manupliate or control.
  • after eating and im complaining about urges do try to distract me by moving on to another topic or saying i dont think that talking about the urges will hlp you get better,etc.

• when im wanting to badly self harm give me some suggestionson stuff to do instead or say i would like you to stay safe so please remove the thing you would plan on using to si away from you or at least hide it so you wont be tempted.

Guest ASchwartz

Ethnicgirl,

I will suggest what I suggested before: Start to learn about meditation. It is a great way to learn how to calm yourself. Learning how to calm yourself will help you learn to control your impulses and then not self cut or binge and purge.

What do you think?

Allan

Ethnicgirl,

I will suggest what I suggested before: Start to learn about meditation. It is a great way to learn how to calm yourself. Learning how to calm yourself will help you learn to control your impulses and then not self cut or binge and purge.

What do you think?

Allan

i agree ill get to work on that . i want to let you all know im taking Reglan for fullness and for my acid reflux,etc i take it 3 times daily 30 mins before meals .it should help me with urges to purge , help me to fight of the urge a bit easier WITH OUT THE SICKN ESS OF BEING FULL, although it makes my apetitie increase by a little bit .

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Etnic,

Think about it: it is not possible to suddenly be fat as a result of just eating something. Tell yourself, talk to yourself: My mind is just playing tricks on me.

Allan

Guest ASchwartz

Hi,

Of course you can't guantee anything. This is a tool for you to use. Even if it does not work right away, keep telling yourself the same thing and, little by little, you will begin to believe it, plus, its true.

Allan:)

I cut last night but when i saw doc she put dressing and covered the cuts so it would not get infected ,and last Sat went to ER cause of dehydration and heart stroke a little bit .

umm my doc thinks that if DBT does not work then to do residental treatment for my eating disorder.

Doc wants me to eat more an to gain weight.

Archived