Mental Support Community

For Airport Security, Size Matters

Cops: New high-tech screener triggered fight over manhood insult

MAY 6--A Transportation Security Administration screener is facing an assault rap after he allegedly beat a co-worker who joked about the size of the man's genitalia after he walked through a security scanner. The May 4 confrontation involved Rolando Negrin, 44, and other TSA employees who had previously taken part in a training session at Miami International Airport, according to the below Miami-Dade Police Department reports. Negrin, pictured in the mug shot at right, and his co-workers had been training with new "whole body image" machines--the controversial kind that provide very revealing images of a traveler--when Negrin walked through the scanner. "The X-ray revealed that [Negrin] has a small penis and co-workers made fun of him on a daily basis," reported cops. Following his arrest, Negrin told police that he "could not take the jokes anymore and lost his mind." After work Tuesday evening, Negrin confronted fellow TSA screener Hugo Osorno in an airport parking lot. Negrin wanted to "resolve a problem," and get Osorno, 34, to "finally respect him." Instead, Negrin allegedly pulled out a police baton and began striking Osorno, while demanding an apology. A witness told cops that Negrin told Osorno, in Spanish, "Get on your knees or I will kill you and you better apologize." When Negrin, wearing his TSA uniform, arrived for work yesterday, he was arrested on an aggravated battery count and booked into the Miami-Dade lockup. Osorno, police reported, suffered "bruises and abrasions on his back and arms" during the attack.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0506101tsa1.html

What a great technology. The airports get worse and worse in many different ways. Another thing about these x-ray machines is that they not only can see adults nude, but children as well. This guy didn't even beat the other guy badly. It said he had some bruises on his arms and back. That is not a big deal considering some of the injuries people generally get when they are beaten. They should give Negrin a break, hopefully the guy who mocked him has learned his lesson. I believe we have all seen the evils that sexual frustration and inadequacy can cause. Look at Hitler, he was probably hung like a spider monkey. This is an extreme example but a good one none the less. This Negrin guy has pretty good self control if you ask me considering he has to live with being small every day of his life. His coworker should have kept his mouth shut. He didn't even hit him in the face but just the arms and back. I don't see why this guy is even in trouble. Most of us who are small are able to hide it. I would probably react in an evil way if I experienced that situation, probably worse than this guy.

I think Orsano deserved his beating, which didnt sound to serious anyway. Negrin size issues are undoubtly aggrivated by his excess wieght, with his penis being somewhat hidden by a fat pad.

Rec, you make a good point about the scanner and children, I hadn't thought of that. There's a whole moral issue there. Should they be allowed to view children? If they do then they make themselves peado's which means they should be instantly tortured and killed. Or do they not scan the kids, making the security gains made by the machine useless for familys.

Again for us smalls, using this machine brings up feelings of shame, and the paranoia that people are going to know we are small and the resulting teasing, whcih Im sure the guys colleagues all thought was hysterically funny, but which we all know is incredibally hurtful. This machine brings up the same anxietys as public changing rooms, swimming pools, urinals, and tight clothing. Something that worried me so much, I used to place a rolled up sock in my underpants everyday for nearly 6 years. Then working in the dive industry this proved unpractical. I dont think anyone ever looked at me strange once, certainly none made a comment that I heard of.

Actually if anyone does suffer from lockerroon anxiety I can highly recommend immersing yourself in cold water for 50 minutes, then while wearing tight neoprene stand on a boat in front of 10-15 women and give a dive briefing everday, you soon get over it, to the point where you will be shagging half the new arrivals every week. great life:D

The thing is though, I bet any operator who has used this machine for more than a day will not even notice, and probably be sick to death of watching naked fat knackers walking through this thing. Its like seeing topless women on the beach, you notice every pair for about fifteen minutes, then they all start losing their fascination, especially when you set eyes on the 90 yr old woman.:eek:

LE, this stuff is pretty despicable, I agree, but how do you keep running into these news stories? Are you searching online? Why is it that you seem to seek out more of what is hurtful? I could be off-base with this...but do you also search for ways to help yourself? Why are you punishing yourself, Lifeless?

LonelyGuy, I think these are only in a few airports so far. I would research further whether or not the airport I would be using would have one of these machines. I have a feeling these machines could be made illegal due to the invasion of privacy and due to the fact that it is not ok in regards to the fact that kids can be seen with these things. There are many other ways to detect bombs. This method is a good way to detect them but unneccessary if the proper resources are put into strengthening security and buying other devices that can aid in detecting these sorts of things. more bomb sniffing dogs in airports could also prevent this. It could be possible to have a bomb sniffing dog located every 50 square feet in an airport. That guy did deserve to get his ass beat, he didn't even get beat that bad so I don't get why he is complaining. I am surprised he didn't get hit in the face. Too bad.

I want those who wish to offer advice to see what we are up against.

How does my having further knowledge that there is cruelty out in the world serve you, Lifeless?

This isn't about me or anyone on here who attempts to offer you support. This is about you.

The fact that stuff like this happens is very unfortunate, but dwelling on all of this isn't helping you.

What bothers me is that this is precisely what they were supposedly being trained for: to have the sensitivity to see all of those people, men, women, and children, and supposedly to act professionally throughout. It doesn't make you a pervert to look at people naked, even children. Thinking about what they've seen in a sexual way, on the other hand, is a complete violation of the entire principle on which these machines were sold to the public: that they would be used only for security screening, not for the security people to get their jollies.

And yeah, the fact that there continue to be a-holes out in the world, LE, doesn't affect my advice to you, one bit. I was already aware. Yes, they exist, and no, there's no point in listening to them, or allowing them to make you give up on your life.

Just thought I'd translate what Beth said into my language. ;-)

Yeah I wish that guy got it alot worse then he did. I would have done the same except probably the first time they teased me. I'm more concerned about the fact that our goverment is taking one more step to completely take away our rights and our privacy.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. If it was the only way to secure airports against threats I would understand but there are a number of different security implements that can be used to help thwart violence. The issue is that the airports and govt. agencies have no interest in putting their money or resources into that so they come up with some ridiculous scanner like this one.

I think they will probably add these machines in all airports now.

LonelyGuy, I think these are only in a few airports so far. I would research further whether or not the airport I would be using would have one of these machines. I have a feeling these machines could be made illegal due to the invasion of privacy and due to the fact that it is not ok in regards to the fact that kids can be seen with these things. There are many other ways to detect bombs. This method is a good way to detect them but unneccessary if the proper resources are put into strengthening security and buying other devices that can aid in detecting these sorts of things. more bomb sniffing dogs in airports could also prevent this. It could be possible to have a bomb sniffing dog located every 50 square feet in an airport. That guy did deserve to get his ass beat, he didn't even get beat that bad so I don't get why he is complaining. I am surprised he didn't get hit in the face. Too bad.

• 2 months later...

I know it makes me look like an angry little man, but I would have beat the sh*t out of that co-worker too. The fact of the matter is, if he had been calling me a wetb*ck and I beat him down, no one would have batted an eyelash. How is it different? My penis size is no more in my control then my race is. Damn, back in my dad's day you could settle things like men without worrying a lawyer was gonna serve you papers the next day.

Feds admit storing checkpoint body scan images

For the last few years, federal agencies have defended body scanning by insisting that all images will be discarded as soon as they're viewed. The Transportation Security Administration claimed last summer, for instance, that "scanned images cannot be stored or recorded."

Now it turns out that some police agencies are storing the controversial images after all. The U.S. Marshals Service admitted this week that it had surreptitiously saved tens of thousands of images recorded with a millimeter wave system at the security checkpoint of a single Florida courthouse

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-20012583-281.html

I hate how the media posted his name and picture all over the place. There would be no other scenario where someone would be humiliated like this other than a man with a small penis. You should have read the comments on the news articles about it.

I've never traveled on a plane but the fact that someone is going to see everything pretty much ends any possibility.

Ha! I just found this in my (offsite) mailbox...

Here's a solution to all the controversy over full-body scanners at the airports. Have a booth that you can step into that will not X-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on you. It would be a win-win for everyone and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial. Justice would be quick and swift. Case Closed!

I can see it now: you're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion. Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system:

"Attention standby passengers, we now have a seat available on flight number..."

• 2 months later...

Archived