Mental Support Community

My thread

Sweetmom2

Wow! I love history. You work at the museum!? Nice. Whats your favourite part? Mmm now that i can recall., part of what i think adhd is for me is that EVERYTHING is interesting for me, art, music, math, history, geography, animals, human anatomy, esp muscles and brain, psychology, sport, admin, religion, nature... Except cooking and fashion. Bt i never go far with any of them. I am a jack of all trades and a master of none. Which is where my passion for education started. I am very usefull at school cuz i can do and teach anything. Exept agric.

Yep, museum of natural history. The part I like the best is that learning is at the centre of our existence. Science, education, exhibitions, it's all about learning and teaching. I do training and HR planning, so not in the programming side of things. I'm a jack of all trades too, and electronics is my personal nemesis... :) Give me a couple of wires and I'm a deer in the headlights....

I want to run so badly. But i cant. I stand up 5:45 and come back at 4. Then i have to care 4 my kids. Its also winter now. Its so frustating. I feel like im trapped for the next 5 years. Then maybe ill find time. Its not safe to run at night either. I dnt trust meditation. To me its like hypnotising. U leave your body unguarded. Is it strange for me to be afraid of the dark?

Yea ur right. Bt i am nt scared of praying. Bt i am afraid when i walk in the dark that something will get me from behind or maybe ill c something scary. My husb must leave the lights on when i go to bed and if my kids cry at night i force myself to go.

Im a bit blue today. I had plans to go to a braai and i went and bought a present. I dressed both kids etc. At 11 am my s.i.l called and said the braai is postponed. Her dad is visiting. Secondly we bought a power saver for 9000. The fam disapp. A few days later someone with a solar power saver sold one to my b.i.l for 13000. We thought we could save. I dnt even know if it works. B.i.l says his' is saving alot.

I was made cluster leader this year. Everything went smoothe until it came to the exam. My curriculum.implementer told me i must set/organize the exam papers. It took me 3 weeks.i submitted it today and found out that the C.i. Already sent question papers out to the schools! I am so upset and angry. I feel like stepping down or fighting with him over the phone,bt hes the one allowing my marks to count.so i dnt want to get on his bad side. This is swimming in my head and i can only deal with this tommorow cuz his details is at school. Im so upset! Now at the offices there is 2 papers. His and mine. He has ruiend my integrity and im so unsure at the moment.

Today i feel troubled by m.i.l. Sunday my son went with them to the farm.there they hurded cattle to the fields.,with a bakkie!my son loved it. After they asked my son about it. This is the thorn. Today i went there and m.i.l told me that there is something not right with my son, because he didnt respond wishfully to that question. She says he showed no recall. Im troubled and mentally upset because shes not supposed to be so critical of him. I know and she knows hes got adhd. I think he was just tired. I mean, he is only 4!

HI Sweetmom I understand your dilemma. Your kids are who they are and sometimes family is the worst critic to our children especially if they harbor their own issues.

You are his parent, advocate for him and you, buy your MIL a book to read on ADHD and let her do some learning and this will be a good time for you to set up some very known boundaries with her... :)

Archived