Mental Support Community

Bipolar, Alcoholism and My Screwed Up life

JustTrying

Hi JT. I agree with others that this may be a blessing in disguise, although at this present moment it does not feel like that. It may be what he needs to look at what drinking does to him, and for you it was a first step is not allowing people to treat you badly. I know how hard that is, and I too still struggle with it. I also have realized that there are consequences to my standing up, and I feel uncomfortable with it at first, but overall I find it has taken my life in a direction that is better for me and my sanity... In order not to fall back on old patterns of blaming yourself for everything, you have to keep a focus on the fact that it is him who did something inapropriate, you did not do that.

You handled this situation maturely, and sober. If this is in fact the first time you have handled a situation like this in a way you consider appropriate, it's normal that you don't feel comfortable at this point since comfort comes from what is known - this is unfamiliar territory so you are out of your comfort zone probably. I think its a question of letting time work things out now. Don't try to get away from the discomfort, there is growth there and that's where change starts to happen...

That is exactly what I am doing right now.... I did what I felt I needed to do and I will let things work themselves out..... I talked to some of our "sober Friends" and he didn't make it to AA....this last time.... but who knows he just might... even though he and I have never really" worked" the program .... it is a good place to go to meet sober people and people that "GET" the alcoholic in you.

There are times I want to call him and tell him about my day... or ask if he fed his horses before he got drunk... etc.... BUT I am determined to just let things be for now....

Having a PAINT party this week.... all the Hot Dogs and Gatorade you may want! All are welcome.... sad part is I will have to do it by myself.... IF you drink it is BYB but there will be no drinking until the painting is done! I want it to look good!!! LOL

Therapist Wednesday morning.....If she says I told you so... I may just choke her???? LOL! Just Kidding or shall I say expressing myself... I would never hurt anyone and I can talk to her... that is why I still see her.

But anyway.... thank all of you for your support and words for thought.....

Hugs, JT

The "Paint Party" will consist of me and the dogs I am sure...... I put it out on Facebook but no takers.... maybe I should buy steaks instead of Hotdogs??? LOL!

My husband came down this weekend to work on his bike... I have not told him any of this.....He lives in a neighboring state and we will most likely be divorced soon or permanently separated, don't really care if I get divorced just so I can get my life back.

Feeling LOST..... this is the time I would call HIM and we would drink a few beers.... Of course by now HE is good and drunk. But I would have 2 or 3 and listen to him talk.... he always said that is why he liked me cause he could talk to me..... We would talk for a few hours and I would make sure he had his cigs and knew where the beer was and come home to start my week.....

Got a busy week planned though, so maybe it won't be so hard..... bought my paint and ready to go. Have to spray the yards for fleas and ticks and give the 11 little dogs a flea and tick bath... I built another tub for them... I have an ol timely tub the kind that has legs on it... and I put two boards across it and screw a plastic tub to it and drill holes in the bottom to let the water out and that way it does not hurt my back... I use a sprayer ... works out pretty good... They want over $200.00 for a similar one in the catalogs... mine cost $4.95!!!!

Therapist Wednesday and Yard sale ... Thurs and Friday , if it doesn't rain.... Hopefully I will get some sleep in there somewhere.....

But anyway.... it will all work out for the best! Catch ya later!!! JT

Archived