Mental Support Community

Urges

Enigma, do you always have to hit so hard? I know that you feel sensitive about this subject, but you bring a very controversial and sensitive topic to the table so you elicit strong reactions. Please try to respond with respect and consideration for other people's viewpoints. Thanks.

Yes, eNIGMA, I agree with Symora in that this is a very sensitive topic and this is good to keep in mind while posting. That is not to say you can't express your opinions, but try to do so with the thought of the effects your words may have on others as well.

I have been following and reading through the posts and normally i wouldn't but I think I need to say a few things.

First of all, I was a victim of an adult who violated me when i was about 10, so with that said, isn't he the type of guy you are describing of yourself?

He "played" with my innocence months before anything happened and he was a neighbor just being friendly and used that to "seduce" me. So, am I guilty of being a slut or a whore?

You know you all can go back and forth with statistics, facts, whos country is different then whos whatever makes you feel happy but the bottom line is someone has to protect our children from a society filled with sexy marketing ads, TV and the internet for our children.

And we have to teach our kids that all neighbors aren't friendly and yes even the man in the store who is looking at you has a sick sense of friendliness and although they are children who are still not wordly skilled in knowing who is who we need to protect them, each and everyone of us.

So it is up to us as adults, parents to not assume all kids are the same and are all looking to be a whore at 14. We owe it to our children to protect them from a society filled with many different types of people with mental health issues, and some of them may hurt us.

Those 14 yr olds who go around looky slutty and flirting first of all are trying to understand their hormones in a society that expolits a woman in a variety of ways and who knows if those same girls have been a victim themselves of sexual abuse and only understand the meaning of attention through acting sexy themselves.

So lets face it, there are many men who cant keep it in their pants for whatever justifiable reason someone can come up and I will do all that I can to make sure no one will ever suffer the manipulation control and seduction that is felt by being a victim to a horny man....

This is a very sensitive area of discussion. There has been growing concern amongst the moderators that other vulnerable posters who have suffered abuse may be further harmed by the continuance of this thread. While we respect the right to express opinions about such matters, it's our job to keep the boards a safe place for everyone.

Archived