Mental Support Community

How to delete my profile?

Calla

I'm not sure how to, or if, you can delete your profile. You can remove all the info from it. As far as I know you have to delete each post that you don't want showing, individually.

But more to the point, are you alright? Did something happen...? You can, of course, leave any time, but wanting to wipe everything feels to me as if there is something underlying this. Do you feel OK with saying what makes you want to leave...? PM if you prefer.

We come and go in all sorts of ways all our lives, nothing wrong with that. Guess I'm just concerned.

Calla

Do you 'go away' when you need love the most, and feel someone or ones have abandoned you or you feel vulnerable and have severe conflict within? Can I suggest that you go back to where whatever happened and ask people what they meant when they said what they did and then tell them, in 'I statements"

what you think? And when you want to go away from here, can you ask us for reassurance that we want you instead?

Am really talking to myself, I go away, and did again today. This is a skill I am working on and when I read your post I wanted to share. I appreciate your sharing very much.

Hope you stay and walk and talk with us.

katleen

Thank you. I just feel I've been a bit "consumed" by thoughts of this site lately. Part of an obsessive mind I guess. Thinking I have upset everyone and people don't like me. Sounds like playground stuff but I never meant to upset anyone. I've written before about how my moods make me selfish and self obsessed. So it's not fair to take it out on people here. But I can't find a way back now. So I feel the best way is to wipe out all trace and let people get back to normal.

When I get angry and rant it's usually actually about myself but directed somewhere else. So when people tell me to ask for help I get annoyed but I'm annoyed because I'm not strong enough to do it.

My original hope was to help myself by helping others but I'm too scared to say anything in case I say the wrong thing. So I just look all "take"

Do you go away in real life too? I've gone so far away I don't have anyone to go away from now.

Hi Calla,

I do go away, blame others, etc, but am learning to come back when I do. Am learning. It takes time, and courage, because the child within me that is afraid, I think based on invalidation of our needs when young, sometimes in very harsh ways.

It's okay to stay. Maybe if it happens again you can catch it sooner. It takes practice. I have to limit my time here, also. It's overwhelming in a lot of ways. What is it that you are feeling when here?

loves and hugs

katleen

Thank you everyone for your understanding. I would like to try and just help others more and see if I can do that rather than focus on myself. Obviously I can't give too many words of wisdom but just listen.

It is overwhelming here sometimes Katleen. I feel I want to help but then just talk about myself. I have been having a bit of a problem with alcohol I'm ashamed to say and that has made me post a few questionable things. I'm really working on this but it has made me paranoid now that everyone hates me. But then sometimes I think my brain creates these things because it's better than thinking no one has even noticed me.

It's hard to learn though isn't it. I think I feel scared of having to come out of my dark hole.....there's real people out there!!!

Guest GingerSnap

One thing I learned when I started searching for help was that it was more important that someone show interest then in what they really said. It also really helps to get feedback from as many individuals as possible because we are all different. I think everyone here understands that we are all different and sometimes we understand, sometimes we don't, but for those that are open and willing to discuss and explain, this website is a treasure. I was always worried that I would say something wrong and make someone's situation even worse but, like I said, the only time it really hurts is when no one responds or at least that is the way that I see it. And, to have someone identify in even a small way with what you are going through, priceless. I read just a few of your posts and liked ya' so maybe you can rethink going away. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and persuading me to stay. And apologies if this thread has ended up in the wrong topic.

And Jetliner, I've been persuaded...can you? I always think of you as one of the main contributers here...if that makes sense. Would be a shame if you left :(

It sounds like you going through something similar to what I was going through. Are you sure you've actually hurt someone. Like you say you care about people and people can't ask for more than that.

I read your blogs with interest so you have an impact on my day which I would miss you if you went. :(

I hope you are still around. You really helped when you responded to my start-up thread. I know what you mean about posting - so many times I want to say something but, just like in the "real world" I don't because I'm afraid of saying the wrong thing. You certainly said the right thing to me and I thank you for it.

I may have hurt friends recently, by being too pushy with my views, instead of asking what can I do at probably a critical time. Man, so didn't intend it. We're all learning. I have a grey parrot. She is always forward looking, or in flight for her(she thinks) life from the DOG. If Boo wants something, she tries every different way she can to get what she wants. No discouragement.

I attend a NAMI support group. They have, um, guides of support, am going to ask if I can share here..

Each and everyone of you are family to me now.

loves and hugs

katleen

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Katleen and Jetliner,

Hugs back to your, Katleen and to you, John.

It is my philosophy or opinion that it is never too late. People are very resilient. Even when we think we have done some irreparable damage, it is not so.

What do you think??

Allan:)

Hi Allan,

Thanks for all your encouragement and support.

Am learning most people want to get along, that sorry, I'll try harder, does go a long ways. Sometimes I wonder with birth family...triggers are so deep and patterns so established.

But, we keep on keeping on.

loves

katleen

Archived