Mental Support Community

Psyche Wards

I was recently, about 2 months ago in our local psyche ward. It was a very terrible experience. I was feeling very desperate due to deep depression and anxiety, and didn't know what else to do but call my doc and he admitted me. They took away all of my belongings, including my cell phone, did not have any place that smokers could smoke, and strip searched me when I first came in. Now, call me crazy, but, it seems to me that this kind of treatment would make one feel much worse when they are already feeling awfully bad, if they are there. It was very humiliating and degrading. The nurses acted like they were God's gift to the patients and didn't have time for our requests, as some shampoo or soap for a basic shower. I would rather die than go back there. I think it's sad that these places treat people who are already having so many problems like this.

Just the opposite experience here. wish I could live at my mental hospital..... They treat me so kind and do anything for me.... as long as you do not cause problems you can do what you want.... only thing we are required to do is to make our beds and take a shower, wash our clothes and eat.... other than that if you cause no problems they don't either.... I was never strip searched ..... Cell phones are not allowed or smoking until you earn the privileged to go outside, but we have a pay phone that you can use for free.... you just have to ask them to dial the number... and they always do no problem, that is what they get paid for......

Sorry you had such a bad experience..... I suggest another hospital..

JT

Just the opposite experience here. wish I could live at my mental hospital..... They treat me so kind and do anything for me.... as long as you do not cause problems you can do what you want.... only thing we are required to do is to make our beds and take a shower, wash our clothes and eat.... other than that if you cause no problems they don't either.... I was never strip searched ..... Cell phones are not allowed or smoking until you earn the privileged to go outside, but we have a pay phone that you can use for free.... you just have to ask them to dial the number... and they always do no problem, that is what they get paid for......

Sorry you had such a bad experience..... I suggest another hospital..

JT

Sorry I do not know how to do a partial quote. What you say here about having to EARN the priveledge to go smoke outside really bothers me! Why would I have to earn a priveledge? I am not a criminal nor a child! I had done nothing wrong when I was there! That's just the thing, they treated me as if I had done something wrong. I was there for depression, and I was not suicidal, although being treated like that could make one suicidal! I live in a small town, and the ward I was in is the only one here, so, if I need to go to the hospital again, I don't know what I will do, because I will die before going there again.

Archived