Mental Support Community

locking Miss DO

Guest SomethingOrOther

Hi SomethingOrOther :)

I felt very happy to read what David said about putting our focus back onto "core business" - support. I'll second that. :) So:

But, you know, I’m quite frustrated now

I'm not grasping what you mean. Would you mind elaborating for me? :confused: What was it that frustrated you? If you needed to say something, I'd like you to feel able to do that. If you felt a drop in your mood because of something then it DOES matter.

You sound kinda sad. :)

David O has left the site and won't be returning. The "banning" is representative of a retirement of sorts, I believe. Rest assured that David is happy and well. He has moved on as all of us so often do during our lifetimes. I would like for all of us to respect his privacy in this. I am available by PM if anyone needs extra support during this period of grieving and loss.

Last edited by SomethingOrOther; Today at 10:22 AM. Reason: working on assertiveness

Well, you are doing very well! :)

Yes, his account was retired. He has decided not to return. I guess it shows up as a ban? but it doesn't mean he got banned.

I miss him dreadfully. ;)

Hmmm... if there was chocolate cake I'm pretty sure I'd have known about it - I can sniff that out a mile away! :D

I agree with you it just looks wrong. 'David O' just doesn't fit with 'banned'. The software probably has no other options available (hey, where's that programmer? :))

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Everyone,

I want to assure all of you that David O was not banned. I have no explanation for how this notion has arisen but my sense is that its an accident. I spoke to David and he believes its best for himself that he not return.

I believe that we, as a community, need to mourn and not accept the mistaken idea that we are guilty.

Allan:)

Point taken... I think it's the first time we live this type of situation and we are all learning... You're right, you can talk about whatever you want and you have a right to grieve in whatever way you wish. I think the moderators have been trying to move discussions away from David's leaving because they have been triggering people all week, but he was such a big influence in the forum that it may take a little more time before everyone settles into his being gone...

I promise that every choice I make is made with the best interests of the community in mind. That doesn't mean that such judgment calls will always be viewed as the best choices in everyone's mind. But please know that I'm doing my very best here with this.

Archived