Mental Support Community

dreams

Calla

Hi Calla. I too have very vivid dreams and nightmares, have been having them for years. No idea if they are part of being depressed or not. I dream a lot about aliens for some reason....weird I know. I don't think dream interpretation is part of mental health therapy, interesting though it would be to find out what our subconscious is trying to tell us.

Hi Symora. There are too many variations on that theme for me to really go into it but they are usually about aliens taking over our planet and/or our bodies. Another thing I dream a lot about is moving house. In nearly all of those I dream that I live in a house and water or the sea is somewhere in sight (something i've always longed for actually).

• 5 weeks later...

I also do have nightmares, mostly about close people backstabbing me. Or me killing people, or me being tortured to death... I've never had a good dream, well 'east one I can remember.

Hi Calla. I too have very vivid dreams and nightmares, have been having them for years. No idea if they are part of being depressed or not. I dream a lot about aliens for some reason....weird I know. I don't think dream interpretation is part of mental health therapy, interesting though it would be to find out what our subconscious is trying to tell us.

Calla, you're looking too hard for symptoms. Dreams can't be used for such purpose, they're just a weird mixture of memories and emotions, made to bond in an unholy orgy everytime you fall asleep. Seriously, I had dreams of walking on top of a flat. The roof had pools built on it, seven to be precise, six had dead women lieing in front of it. Dead women in wedding dresses. On the front lied the seventh pool, with another woman (assumed to be dead) with a small, fragile body. She was bald and had crooked teeth. I was in a button-up tux (thing), the type of clothing men wore in the 19th century. I kissed the girl and made her come alive.

What in the nine hell can be analysed from that? As a matter of fact, I'm in love with old fashions made for the aristocracy and upper-class men, Mr. Frog wears nothing but that kind of stuff. But pushing my tongue down to a dead women's throat to "will" her alive? Where did that come from? I'm asexual.

Trying to explain dreams is like solving your problems with the help of your weekly horoscope. Futile.

Can everyone stop having a go at me please? If we are enjoying discussing it then who cares if it is real or not.

Archived