Mental Support Community

mixed up mess

SweetSue

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue,

Can you tell us what it means to "slip up"? Maybe telling us what happens would help you fight that misconception: that there's some way you "should" be, and then you'd be cured. Because the only person you're really fooling is yourself. We'll like you no matter what you do.

It's completely understandable that sometimes, you've had enough. It has happened to all of us, at one time or another.

Sweety, if you ever manage to be the first human who doesn't screw up, you're going to have a lot of deities running around worried about being made redundant.

And the only important one is you, and you already know.

So, how are you "kinda" hurting yourself?

It's okay, sweety. You don't have to, if you're not ready.

You reminded me to go back and look at starry's blog; remember how hard she had to fight herself to speak? Did you feel like she was wasting time, or was she just trying to do something that was really difficult for her?

You have already been that brave, Sue.

You're still on the planet, and that takes courage.

Do you trust you, Sue?

You're the only one who can keep yourself safe.

You're the one who really suffers if you don't. The people who love you will care, but it's you who really feels it.

It doesn't matter what you tell other people; you know what really happens.

You're not doing it to us, and you don't need to stop it for us.

Can you tell you, Sue, what's happening? I don't really know what this is all about, but I do know we struggle with pulling apart inside when we are losing our way. Maybe if you had a talk with you it'd be easier to talk to us or to your doctor? Or is that the part you need help with? Figuring out which part of you is struggling?

Sorry, this probably sounds like gibberish because I am butting in:p:o

Yes, it makes sense to me:o Our ways of coping that came from childhood can be so confused. That's why I am grateful for help seeing what's going on. Sometimes seeing that you have a pattern of doing such and such because that is what you figured out to do way back when can lead to: ooooohhhhh, I see how that was for me,,,, but I don't have to do that anymore. Wonder what I could try now instead?

Guest ASchwartz

Sweetsue,

All of us mess up and feel dumb and sorry afterward. The idea is to forgive yourself after messing up. I do that and it helps a great deal. Remember the saying, "To err is human, to forgive, divine?"

Allan:)

You belong right where you are, Sue: among your friends.

We kinda knew things weren't perfect, too, simply because things are never perfect.

So, the doctor wasn't mad at you, then? How did he respond? Is it possible to learn from his response that maybe it's not so horrible to mess up occasionally? Did he give you any suggestions on what to do about the slipping-up behaviors?

{A person can win a prize for being an idiot? That would be a fun competition to watch ...}

Archived