Mental Support Community

The Lady Who Lived on the Moon (A Story about Jung, Trauma and Schizophrenia)

Guest nejiwhopper

SE I just wanted to chime in and say I've been reading your posts on all the different threads and forums and find what you have to say fascinating. To be honest, some of it is beyond my comprehension but none the less, still interesting. I find it challenging and enlightening.

I'm confused as to why there has been so much opposition regarding your posts.

Either way, I would like for you to continue with what you are doing and I will continue to read.

Thanks for being you and for your posts.

-Neji

fmw: spiritual_emergency, your story continues to move me, and I think you are very courageous.

Yes and no, fmw. As an example of what I mean, check out Luna's story as compared with my own experience. I've heard a fair number of those kind of stories at this point and I know, that for some people, that kind of experience becomes too much to bear -- the betrayal of their humanity is too much. They never go back. It takes courage to try and live that way and it also takes courage to willingly enter that kind of environment again when you've been wounded by it.

As for me, whatever courage I plucked up, it was born out of terror and exhaustion; an act of necessity more than anything else. And while it's true that I did have some difficult and painful things to deal with, at least I had a bit of kindness in there with me and actually, a surprising amount of good fortune...

If I hadn't had the mother I had; if I hadn't had the father I had (the second one, not the first one); if I hadn't had the kindness of that stranger; the possibly fortunate stroke of luck to not end up in the hospital or on medication; the support and understanding of those two friends who allowed me to lean on them in those first few years; the wisdom of Perry, Jung and so many others. Sometimes what separates success from failure is not courage, it's sheer, blind luck.

See also: The Only Way Out Is Through

Thank you for your words Neji. Please don't overlook that I tend to drag in a lot of other "voices" to help explain my experience and that probably lends a fair bit of fascination. And of course, there is also the music. We do tend to value the "rational" in this culture and overlook the wisdom inherent in that which appears to be "irrational". I may make a post about that. :(

~ Namaste

• 1 month later...

Archived