Mental Support Community

Weird question, I know

Guest nejiwhopper

Guest nejiwhopper

I find this to be a bit humorous and wanted to see if it's like this for anyone else.

Has anyone ever watched the TV show Scrubs? If you have, you know how we hear JD's thoughts as commentaries or him narrating them to us?

Well, most of the time my thoughts in my head are like his commentaries....as if I'm narrating them for an audience of something. Or like I'm writing a blog in my head. I hope I'm explaining this in a way people understand. It's just like I'm telling a story of my life and thoughts in my head.

I can't quite remember when it all began but I think it's been more recent, like the past couple of years or something. Maybe after I started doing some online blogging. Maybe that was when.

I just realized it last night when I was laying in bed and remember something from my childhood. I realized that my thoughts were me telling the story as if someone else could hear them instead of just thoughts.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it, but I found it a bit strange and humorous.

Would love to hear anyone elses take on it.

---Neji:cool:

Interesting you bring that up because I experience something like that. I find that there is always a story being told in my head about what's going on around me, however I always figured it was just me entertaining myself. I know that I am very creative person who's mind tends to wonder. I used to write a lot of stories on paper...now I just write them in my head.

Do you find it something you do that's compulsive, that you can't control? Or can you stop the dialogue in your head? I know I can.....I just usually choose not to, since it really does entertain me and gets me through the day.:)

I make up stories in my mind a lot too...not quite like you describe though...but glad we can all see the humour in it sometimes. 'My stories' can be difficult to stop. I have been this way since I can remember. I am also a creative person who writes alot and enjoys poetry and things like that so I believe it is an extension of that.

Guest nejiwhopper

Hmmmmmm.....well the three of us have creativeness in common. I love to write.

I haven't tried to stop it yet, it seems it just happens without me even realizing it. I will have to try to pay more attention to it and see if I'm able to control it or not.

I think I will give a label......I think I will call it "Mind Blogging"....whatcha guys think?

--Neji

Guest nejiwhopper

Well I drove myself nuts last night. I would start up with commentary, would realize I was doing it and would try to stop. Then it was like my mind didn't know what to do. At one point I went out on the balcony to look as some people that were loud in the streets. The thoughts in my head actually started out like this: "I walked out onto the balcony to see what the noise was in the streets. I noticed a group of children and became curious as to what they were doing......" I then realized I was doing it again and stopped it but then my mind was just filled with words going in and out. Like it was short circuiting or something.

I later stopped trying to make myself stop...I didn't want to break anything....lol

---Neji

Neji, I love "Mind Blogging"...what a perfect term! That's essentially what i'm doing. Whether I'm writing it down or not, it's the same dialogue.

I find the best way for me to describe what i do is, well, it feels like I'm always in a movie...and I'm the main character and also the narrator....

Archived