Mental Support Community

my depression is suffocating...

Denise

Please help. I suffer from major depression and anxiety, but have been fired from my third job in two years. I haven't been on any medication for the past 8 months, and my depression is suffocating! I also think I suffer from a pesonality disorder as well. I can't maintain any type of relationships; work, personal , family, etc. The job I was fired from today had a 90-day probationary period before medical coverag could begin. I tried to make it, day by day, to the point where I could get medication and therapy, but my condition is just too severe -- I couldn't do it. It actually hurts to be so sick. If anyone has any suggestions on help I can receive with no medical benefits, please let meknow. I feel like I'm suffocating...

Guest ASchwartz

Perhaps my response was too brief. There are local mental health clinics where you can get very low cost psychotherapy and medication. Yes, once you have a prescription it is true that you can take it to Walmart and have it filled inexpensively if you qualify and it sounds like you do.

What do others suggest?

Allan