Mental Support Community

Virginity Hit

somebody25

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have this (perhaps totally wrong) belief that people who attend church are at least trying to be better, kinder, more moral individuals. But then I've recently met some churchgoers who are way meaner than non-churchgoers, which I realize as i write this is one of the reasons I will never attend church except for funerals and weddings.

What is your experience with this?

OK, here's a thought. If the perfect woman was standing right in front of you, what do you think you'd have to change in order for her to go out with you? If you come up with anything, go make those changes, then at least you'll be ready for her when you figure out where she hangs out. (not unlike the approach I'm taking. I'll let you know if/when it works out)

I don't really agree with the good ones are married theory all the way anymore. To a degree at my age yes it is true. At the same time I think that is a excuse we make to oursleves to explain why we are alone. Like blaming things and such. Perhaps it is growth or me being naive.

I have had many suggest church.

I will explain the problems with that.. but also will say I don't think it is impossible.

Problems are many.

One except for singles groups not many places to meet them to that degree where it can be more than just friends.

Lot of people go to church but really are not really christians. They literally go for the social atmosphere and most don't even know what they believe.. kinda what gives so a negative view of it all. (Granted for sure not saying most even but def a lot of them) So it really doesn't mean it will be easier for me.

It is hard to meet people my age. I have tried at smaller churches.

Last it seems a little off flirting with women in church.. almost like fliritng with someone at a funeral or at a [check out lane] inside joke on that one hahaha

Not that it is wrong just the way society is set up it is more difficult.

Again though over and over I hear that suggestion but never tried it out.

I have been thinking about it and do think it is a great suggestion.

Guest SomethingOrOther
The good ones are married. The rest are creepy and/or borderline insane.

Thank you. What was it again, that you had planned to contribute to the discussion?

The good ones are married. The rest are creepy and/or borderline insane.

Wait a sec, don't totally write off us borderline insane types. We can actually be quite affectionate if you get us on the right day.:):eek:

Thank you. What was it again, that you had planned to contribute to the discussion?

She asked what my experience was and I stated it. Although, one gal that I met at a church sponsored dance has been the only one that I haven't regretted meeting. I can't say the same about anyone else I've ever gone out with. She had her mental issues and it didn't work out, but at least she didn't: become a financial/emotional drag on my life for several years; borrow money with no intention of paying it back; screw around with other people and then claim I tried to steal her CDs just because I didn't respond to an email when I was sick; creep me out with their behavior; flirt with other people while on a date with me and claim it was ok because she's bisexual; invite me over to her apartment to play cards with some friends, where I fall asleep on the couch while waiting for others to show up only to wake up to hear her having sex with two guys she just met; dance with a person once, claim that God meant for them to be together forever, track the guy down on the internet, show up in front of his house the next weekend with a U-Haul loaded with all her stuff*; etc.

OK, here's a thought. If the perfect woman was standing right in front of you, what do you think you'd have to change in order for her to go out with you? If you come up with anything, go make those changes, then at least you'll be ready for her when you figure out where she hangs out. (not unlike the approach I'm taking. I'll let you know if/when it works out)
Other than dropping 43kgs and winning the lottery, I don't know.
Wait a sec, don't totally write off us borderline insane types. We can actually be quite affectionate if you get us on the right day.:):eek:
lol!

* - happened to a guy I know, but the others were mine, unfortunately.

Archived