Mental Support Community

please help

2000plus

I have been bothered by hearing voices and seeing things daily. Before is was once in awile. I have also a new problem with bugs on my body. I feel like they are crawling all over me. I take medications for the problems but they dont help. I had a doctor be he shut his practice down. Now iam alone. What can I do.

2000+,

Well, simply put, there really aren't good alternatives to medications for treating hallucinations. So I think that the thing to do is to find another psychiatrist who can re-evaluate your medications and see if he or she cannot adjust things so that your symptoms lessen, or perhaps to identify and treat some other medical condition that might be causing the hallucinations. This is not to say that other non-medicine treatments aren't useful (like talking about the issue in an support group), but just that they probably will not help the hallucinations to go away or decrease.

Mark

Hi

You are so tired of trying? To go forward, you have got to keep tying! Were all tired of trying, but nothing comes free in this world! You should know that! You don't get ou't for now't? Everything has got a price! It's just how much your willing to pay that price that count's!

If you want help, you've got to go and look for it, because it's not going to come to you! If you can't help yourself, then how do you expect other's to help you?

Paula

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 2000plus

Have you mentioned this to your doctor. About you memory lapses I mean? If not, then I suggest that you do! He may well send you for a M.R.I Scan.

I have this problem, but mine is recent avents. I can remember things from my past, but cannot remember thigs that happened say like today, yesterday, last week.

My Doctor sent me for a M.R.I Scan. Everything came back fine, so now I've been referred to a Psychologist. I'm still waiting for the Appointment!

Also, this is one of the signs that proved that I was Dyslexic. You want to ask your Doctor to get you assessed to rule out all other possibillities.

As I look at it in both mine and your case, there's something not right and the sooner you can get it dealt with the better.

it can be helpful to write things down as they occur to you, like on a little pad of paper you can put in your pocket. That way, when you go to the doctor, you can pull that pad out and have assistance remembering what it was you wanted to ask about.

It can feel like relief is not possible, but this hopelessness feeling is often itself a symptom of the problem you are dealing with. If you can get help for the mood problem (and the hallucination problems, etc.), it is likely you will feel less hopeless. This can seem circular, I know, but it is to say, please keep trying. Advocate for yourself. Do what you need to do to get a new doctor and push for medications or alternative treatments that you find helpful. Doing so is your best bet for finding relief.

Mark

Guest ASchwartz

Hi 2000plus,

If you are in a rom with other people and no one hears the voice but you then it is not real. Of course, you would have to ask to know for sure. Have you tried this and how often do you hear voices and what do they tell you.

Allan

• 3 weeks later...

The voices are you inner thoughts getting misunderstood as reality or they are auditory hallucinations. My son suffers this and he called it the man until we finally convinced him no one was controlling his body, now he calls it his confusion brain (he is only just turned 9). we work hard with the visual hall. by blowing them away and giving him sleeping meds. if they appear at night, the auditory I just tell him I heard it too so he doesn't worry.

The danger is when he hears really bad things about himself or hurting someone. These symptoms must be managed carefully under the care of a very skilled psy. We've interviewed many and have one now we can live with. I know his biggest complaint is memory loss too. A good dr. can tweek a drug coctail just so with the help of you documenting events emotions and feelings. Do you have someone to help you? My son worries about Steve Irwinn in the way that you feel about Obama. trust and know you are a good human worth every luxury known to nature and deserve the best of care.

• 3 months later...

I was put a drug called Geodon. Does anyone know about this. Its open my mind to were want I dont want to go. It has me crashing daily. If watch a show on top cops i get the feeling iam going to be arrested. I now have fears of averything. Any type of show affects me in that way. Please help if you can.

Edited by 2000plus

I was put a drug called Geodon. Does anyone know about this. Its open my mind to were want to go. It has me crashing daily. If watch a show on top cops i get the feeling iam going to be arrested. I now have fears of averything. Any type of show affects me in that way. Please help if you can.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ASchwartz

Hi 2000plus,

We are not medical doctors on this site and do not give advice about medications. However, I can tell you that Geodon is for the treatment of the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder, particularly manic and for the symptoms of Scizophrenia.

If you believe that your medicine is not working or if you are having side effects then you must speak to your psychiatrist.

Allan