Mental Support Community

Could use some major support

SoccerCoach88

Hi all.

Well I got admitted to the hospital today for an intractable headache. I've had this bout of really bad HA's for the last week and a half and a headache/migraine every day since march. Well I'm hoping to get some much needed pain relief that I know will help my depression becuase when you've had pain this long, yeah you can get pretty depressed becuase I was pretty much non functional the last 3 days. So any kind of support would be greatly appreciated as most people hate being in hospitals (I do at least), and that I get some much needed relief.

Thanks.

Best.

Kate C.

Hi Kate,

I am sorry that you are having such a hard time with headaches. I have had a couple of migraines in my life and was shocked by how debilitating they are. I can't imagine having them for such an extended period of time. I hope that the doctors can give you some relief from the pain and trace the source of the headaches. Sending good thoughts and support across the net.

Hey guys-

So I got out of the hospital on Friday night. I was so doped up on dilaudid and percocet I couldn't tell you what month or day it was. Unfortunetly this did not solve the pain problem but gives us some new options to look into. The docs bascially are saying that my brain is my worst enemy. It's like an endless lose lose game for me. They are not saying that I am making it up or anything like that. They are pretty much saying that your brain has some issue with the pain reeptors that I can't control. For me it stinks. They want me to do some intensive outpatient treatment to take care of some psych issues and give me better ways to cope and hope that it will help a little bit. I wish I was pain free. Tonight (its now 2 19am here) a horrible night. Taken percocet and toradol. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I can get some sleep. Thanks for the support.

Best.

Kate C.

Archived