Mental Support Community

A job ... but still depressed.

Waiting

I have had good news lately. After looking for work for well over a year I am getting some work. It is a contract and likely part time, but it is good. The thing is I am even more depressed now than I was before. I am not sure why. Maybe it is just random or possibly it is because deep down I see that it does not change the bigger things I worry about. I dunno.

Still waiting and fighting with my wife over divorce.

Still awaiting my Trial.

Still awaiting for human rights cases to even get rolling.

I have a few people I speak with, but currently no one would understands depression well. You can get a better understanding of what is going on in my post called "My Story". My Human Rights Issues involve discrimination based on Marital Status, Age and disability all to do with my employment.

A job - it's a very good news! I'm glad for you! I understand that you can't enjoy it as you're depressed. I'm not going to tell you "hey, be happy, you have a job", don't worry :).

It's hard to talk to people which have never been depressed about depression. But you're now in this community, you can "talk" to us. Would it help a bit? Let's try :)...

I see your dominant feeling (except for depression) is "waiting". But now one of the things you've been waiting for has come: A job. Could you focus more on this? And on some spare-time activities? Do you have any hobbies? And what about your children? Can they be a source of some positive feelings?

I see that it does not change the bigger things I worry about

I see... :o But... maybe it could be possible to appreciate more the little positive things?

And how about your medication? Have you seen your doc recently? Maybe you could consult the dose or, if you don't get better soon, a change of the meds(?)...

Take care!

Thanks Lala.

I do see it as positive and it does help. In this case it is a part time gig and they I get wrapped up in all the thoughts about how will it work with a full time job if I get one etc as it a contractual position.

You are very understanding and helpful and I agree it is hard to get understanding from someone who has never been depressed. My kids are very good loving and supportive, but they have never been depressed and I hope it stays that way. My main support is my partner who I can not see at the moment for legal reasons and hence I am here.

As for medication, the one I am on helps me so much with my fibromyalgia I would rather not play with it. I also am sure that after my trial when we are back together my condition will improve a lot.

Waiting

There is no need to thank me :)...

It's good to know that your have a loving family around you :o. I remember your story, so I know that you can't meet the one you love and need the most... :) But I'm glad, though, that you have your children and that you came here to help others and be in touch with those who understand... It helped me and many others and I'm glad you recieve this help, too ...

Archived