Mental Support Community

Tired of everything

soh238

I'm so tired of everyone and everything. I hate everyone because everyone hates me. I have a hard time trusting people, and I would like to be friendly and happy-go-lucky, but what other options do I have when I feel totally abandoned? I'm so depressed. People don't care about me, so why should I even give them my time of day. It just makes me feel like a bad person, or a leper that everyone wants to avoid that I have no friends. I'm just so unhappy.

Hi Tired,

I am sorry you feel that way. Often times we think people don't care for us because all we see is the negative and in many cases people don't know how to deal with people with issues such as ours. I often have thoughts like that.

I don't hate you and would be happy to talk to you.

Waiting

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Waiting, I know its easy sometimes to feel no one cares when in reality sometimes people just don't know what to say, so fall short of our expecatations, I have felt that way alot in the past. You are not alone, I find it very hard to trust anyone and cut people off very easily and finally, I feel if they don't care that much then they are not worth having around. I always pressume people just don't care before I have even given them a chance. I see so much disloyalty and hardness around me that it makes it impossible for me as to me its black and white, all or nothing, does this ring any bells? Do you think its your mind that tells you people don't care instead of rational beliefs?

Be kind to yourself x

Soh238,

I definitely empathize with you. I feel like putting off making new friends or connecting with old ones until I feel better otherwise there won't be anybody left in my entire city to be friends with! I'm working on getting a life. Really trying to figure out what it is I want instead of what others want from me. If I allow somebody to walk all over me, I am treating myself just as badly as that other person. I read somewhere that doing acts of kindness for others makes you feel better about yourself but when you do them for people who feel entitled to it, it actually has the opposite effect. Are there people in your life who make you feel this way? If so, get rid of them. I also read somewhere "HELL is OTHER PEOPLE." OK, just decided to look it up, that was a quote by existentialist philosopher Jean-Paul Sartre.

Did somebody in your childhood make you feel really bad about yourself? If so, it's really hard to project a genuine air of joy and confidence to others until you deal with that issue. They say a dog can smell fear. I think other people can sense depression in others in a similar way.

Anyway, I don't know where this is all going, just some random thoughts, maybe some of them will resonate with you.

I'm sorry you feel so abandoned.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses Athena and Lostinmyhead and Waiting. It feels so great to have someone out there to talk to who kind of gets what you're going through.

The thing about dog sensing fear and people sensing someone depressed or negative is totally spot on. It's like energy you have around you that just repels people.

Right now, I'm just trying to be content with myself and focusing my mind on things other than the fact that I'm alone. Until we feel good about ourselves, relationships are hard to come by, I think. It's like that saying you can't love people until you love yourself. It's like if you don't even like yourself, who can? But I deeply sincerely appreciate all of the responses to times when I just feel like venting. I think dealing with this kind of stuff will in the end teach up to be much stronger. Hope you guys have a great holiday :)

-soh238

So true about people sensing something is wrong and just avoiding contact..

I experienced the same thing.

What I have found through reflecting and talking to others was often people just had issues they were dealing with.. had nothing to do with me at all.

I still struggle with abandonment and rejection issues everyday.

I fight with my own mind. Fighting it with logic.

A woman turns me down I feel like I am unworthy of finding someone.

I don't hear from someone right away I feel ignored. I hate that. I even know it isn't the case but the feelings still creep in.

I think in many cases we are our worst enemy. I know I am.

Even now on many things in my life I am afraid I will say the wrong things and scare people off.

I very much understand how you feel.

Archived