Mental Support Community

Is anybody there?

Athena

Sweetsara, JT, thanks for replying. Took me this long to write that last piece. That's pretty much it. Tried to keep it short, didn't work. Think I'll go to bed now. Just knowing somebody's listening helps.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I don't think I'll do anything tonight. I've got a workout tomorrow. My stomach hurts where I cut it. That's where i go to hide it from people. Don't want it killing me when I work out. The other place hasn't healed yet. Guess I'll tell my therapist about it tomorrow. Warn him he's about to get a phone call. I feel bad this has happened on his watch. He 's the only one who gives me any hope at all and I was just starting to feel better. He's promised not to tell anyone. He knows the stakes. I trust him.

Yes, a chat room would be great. Who should we talk to about that?

I'm so sorry hun. That is a ton and a half to deal with. I wish I had some magic coping method but mine is I just go numb and tamp everything down( I don't recommend it). The only thing I have to offer is a sympathetic ear.

I don't know who we would talk to about a chatroom but I'm sure a moderator or someone will see this thread. Hopefully they will comment about it.

Athena.... I feel for you. and I THOUGHT I had it bad!

Hope you can get some sleep.

IF I was stable enough.... there are many places that you can start your own private chat room with passwords and all....I have done it in the past. U could even use different names if you did not feel safe.... Just not up to running one right now.

But yes I think a Chat room would be great in the middle of the night for people like us .... and perhaps in the daytime too.

Check in later and let me know how things are...

and hi Sweetsara

hugs

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Athena,

I want to join sweetsara and jt in expressing my regret that this has happened to you.

Have you thought about consulting an attorney? There are law firms that deal almost exclusively with disability claims.

Also, isn't it Social Security that make disability payments? I don't know much about it but I kinda thought so.

Anyway, my main thought is to fight back and not give in to them. I know that's not easy to think of when depressed but thinking that way and finding the right attorney might help.

By the way, there are law firms that take these cases on a "contingency basis." That means there is not cost to you unless they win the case for you.

What do you and others think?

Allan

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Athena,

Please, do not do anything drastic. One thing I have learned from life, and I'm talking personally and not as a therapist, is that even the worst of situations do pass and life gets better. Trust me, I know from very painful and personal experience. You have support and help and you have us. You are important around here, and I want you to know that.

We're here for you.

Allan

Archived