Mental Support Community

More Thoughts

58corvette

Been watching "In Treatment" a new series on HBO Television. Very good; sometimes the Calming Voice of a Therapist or Counselor is reasuring. I wish everyone who needed it could afford it. Our Medical System needs to be fixed. Especially for Mental Health Issues.

My Nephew who at the age 0f 30yrs. ols Commited Suicide over 8yrs ago. such a good, nice young man. My Friend to. My ex left me a year & half after that. I hate being abandened.

Maybe thats why im tired. I cant take any more of this stuff. What has it taught me? How has it helped?

Who & what is next. Somehow I have to figure how to get control of my life again & be able to cope. Stability in a job I know would be a start.

It would be nice but even when help is available there are too many who don't utilize the resources.

Being abandoned is a sucktastic experience and you have my deepest sympathy on that.

Don't know if you've tried it and it didn't work or if you hadn't thought about it but most support groups are free. I'm lucky and live in a larger city so there are all kinds to pick from. My grief support group has really helped me. Sometimes just having that human connection and somewhere to go and people who have been through what you have is amazing.

I'm not religous so it took me some searching to find one that met my needs. If you are religous then you should have a much easier time because at least here almost every church has several meetings a week for this or that.

Been watching "In Treatment" a new series on HBO Television. Very good; sometimes the Calming Voice of a Therapist or Counselor is reasuring. I wish everyone who needed it could afford it. Our Medical System needs to be fixed. Especially for Mental Health Issues.

My Nephew who at the age 0f 30yrs. ols Commited Suicide over 8yrs ago. such a good, nice young man. My Friend to. My ex left me a year & half after that. I hate being abandened.

Maybe thats why im tired. I cant take any more of this stuff. What has it taught me? How has it helped?

Who & what is next. Somehow I have to figure how to get control of my life again & be able to cope. Stability in a job I know would be a start.

Thank you for the warm welcome yesterday :-).

Corvette, you shouldn't worry. I think it is better that your relationship ended now and not 10 or 20 years later. That would have been far more painful. Also, now that your ex is gone you can consider yourself free. You can go out, start meeting new people without ever conflicting with the thought: "Ahhhh, that guy is so cute. If it weren't for my boyfriend, I could go and talk to him..."

I'm sure there will be a right guy some day. There's no reason why you should lose hope.

PS: If you liked "In Treatment" you should also watch "Being Erica" ~ wonderful series. I don't know on which channel it's running but it's available online.

Dear Round;

I hope you find this site helpful. Just so you are aware I am a Male. I was Married for 23yrs. & have three children ages 27yrs. & Twins 21yrs. I wish i could consider myself Free & Attractive to other Women. Just dont right now with my situation.

I do continue to have hope that another Woman will come along. Best of Luck to you Round; Thank You

Sweetsara; Thank You; very good advice. I am not Religous. Sometimes I wish I were more so. I have a list of Support Groups I recieved. Just have to get up the Nerve & Courage to call & go. Hopefully I can find a good one for myself. Again Thank You

Even if you find one you like you should try as many as you can. The second one I went to I thought ok this is great but then about the fifth one I tried it just clicked. I met people who it felt like I had known forever.

You're on here and talking that took nerve and courage :) Calling and going is just the next step. Remember these are people who have been through what you are going through. They are there for support and to support others.

I am very shy sometimes and feel like I'm a bother. It took forever for me to actually post on here or answer someone. I just felt like I would be pestering them and my input would be unwanted. I felt the same way about going to a support group. I was so hesitant but the only regret I had was waiting as long as I did.

I wish you the best of luck.

Kate

Archived