Mental Support Community

i told my dad i didn't want to live anymore

SoccerCoach88

So this morning, I told my Dad that I wanted to committ suicide. I don't have any plans but I just want it all to end, the physical pain, emotional pain, doctors, and therapists. I feel that my family would be better off without me. I tell my Dad, I have a migraine, he says "its just a headache we'll take care of it." well my dad was in bed when i got home, and didn't do crap, and they didn't do anything to help me. So I went to the ER and he just mad at me for going, and said I couldn't keep going just for a "headache". I feel like a lost cause, like no doctors believe me and I'm just running around in circles trying to get the right help that I need. They wouldn't have to worry me anymore, no finanace issues, no more trips to the docs or ER and no more criticism from them. I'm just in a really bad place, my dad said he never said "its just a headache" but he lied to me, he told me that Sunday when i had to go to the ER for a major migraine than he had the nerve to lie to my face. I'm not stupid.

Kate C.

Hi SoccerCoach88,

I am sorry that everything is so hard. I understand how invisible disabilities are so hard for others to understand. I suffered for major depression for the last seven years I was with my ex-wife. She never understood or accepted it. Some people never will and it is not too hard to understand why. To most people depression = sadness and we all have sadness. There was nothing wrong with my life in general so why would I be sad? Walk it off.

Some people don't understand migraines. To them they are just headaches and we all get them. It is beyond them to understand how it could be so bad that you need to go to the ER.

Let me ask why do you think the doctors don't believe you?

What did your father lie to you about?

Waiting

Hi SoccerCoach88,

I am sorry that everything is so hard. I understand how invisible disabilities are so hard for others to understand. I suffered for major depression for the last seven years I was with my ex-wife. She never understood or accepted it. Some people never will and it is not too hard to understand why. To most people depression = sadness and we all have sadness. There was nothing wrong with my life in general so why would I be sad? Walk it off.

Some people don't understand migraines. To them they are just headaches and we all get them. It is beyond them to understand how it could be so bad that you need to go to the ER.

Let me ask why do you think the doctors don't believe you?

What did your father lie to you about?

Waiting

My Dad lied about how he's never said come home its just a headache we can deal with it. For me its like what can you you? His ansewer I can't do anything. So why am I going to go home when nothing can be done at home. The doctors don't' believe me b/c accordding to the scans and mri's there is nothing physically wrong with my head so they said its psychogenic. My neuro has given up on me. So we're trying a new approach. Right now, I'd like to be admitted to the hospital for pain management, the headache today has been insane and for some reason it's not responding to the meds. I am hoping to sleep it off tonight. We'll see.

• 1 month later...

I'm surely not a doctor so don't take this to mind and heart directly, but depression manifests it's self in many ways. it physically hurts us! i have major depression as well as Waiting and it hurts me.

If the doctors can't find what the problem, the depression is most likely directing it all towards your head.

I believe you.

-Fox

Archived