Mental Support Community

sucker :)

danni

This is too funny not to share.....

Let me preface this story by letting you know that I have had horses since I was 4 and have been training professionally for a long time.

I was working with a horse I've been training and last week while riding, she appeared lame. I left her alone a couple of days and she seemed fine so I took her out again. Again she appeared lame. I called the vet. Did xrays etc....nothing appeared wrong. So....the next day I took her out again. Again she appeared lame!! So....I got off and started leading her back to the barn. I was payiing attention to her noticible limp but also noticed that she was now limping on the OTHER leg!!!! I got back on a pushed her a bit and found that she was not lame at all!!

Who says our animals don't think!! She got me but I'm too impressed with her to be mad :)

Someone didn't want to be ridden then, huh? How would she come to understand that being lame would keep her from being ridden? :eek:

I agree that the intelligence of animals is likely underrated. Has anyone ever seen videos of Alex the parrot? Amazingly intelligent.

Cute story! :)

Yes...I think she had a different agenda than to be ridden :)

I think the first day she might have actually been sore and made the connection that it worked for her. She is a really quick learner. That's not how I had planned on her using it though :( I still laugh just thinking about it.

Changing the subject, but saw one of those poochies in a car in front of me. The car was plastered with "I love my Vizsla" stickers. Doggie did look very, very cute. :)

Yes, it's pretty amazing to me for the horse to make those kinds of connections. :eek:

I actually did the same thing once. I had been taking riding lessons. (I should probably note that I was only about 10 at the time) It seemed to me that my instructor's motivation was for her barn to earn ribbons at fairs. She listed off all of these jumps to make...go this way and that way...I panicked and feigned a hurt leg. :) I never went back and haven't been on a horse since that day. It does show a similar kind of thinking, though. :(

Archived