Mental Support Community

My Journey WILL continue

shanrucas

I find strength in all of your words, it helps get through the day.

Jim, I hope the doc does ok Hospice, they even counseled me even though mom was not a client, the psycologist there was perhaps the best I have ever been to. Another great thing about them is that even they sent me a bill, it stated not to worry about payment if I didn't have the means. I am so honored by you sharing your experience with your dad, even if it was so hard to do so, I appreciate it.

IrmaJean, your memories of your mother caring for your grandmother hits the nail on the head for me. I love brushing my mom's hair, it's the color of pewter and is very curly. Thankfully she doesn't have dementia bad enough to not know me or her surroundings, she enjoys her cat who is always at her side.

Dear Tash, I hope you are taking care of yourself too, thanks for being here for me.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are Able to do so? You can also get on the Internet to Find out More about Hospice & Care. For My Dad & do to His Condition; Hospice Provided Everything For Him & Psycologist (As you Mentioned) for our Family.

They Provided A Nurse (At Home) And on Call at All Times. A Special Bed, All Necessary Medical Equipement, Procedures & Medications. It Truly was a Blessing for All of us. It is Something I Know Will Help You & Your Mom in So Many Ways.

There is more I can relate in regards to My Dad; but for now as I said it's best to just let you know I Truly Understand & Hope the Best For you & Your Peace of Mind.

Sincerely; Jim

Fortunately I have good contact with the staff at our local Hospice. They are going to contact mom's doctor for me..I don't even have to do it. They are great people and I have had counseling there with a wonderful psychologist, and mom isn't even a client, they didn't charge me either...They are truly wonderful people there.

Today, I don't know why, but my mood is up, either my meds have stablized me or.......oh, oh , am I heading for a manic episode:eek:. Oh well enjoying it anyway, listening to all of my favorite music and be bopping around the house, even looked at my banjo...I need to get new strings. I hope this mood lasts I like it. Not letting all the worries bring me down.

Thanks Tash, how are you doing? are you holding up?

Still having a good time, I just hope its not a manic episode...don't thing so though, I don't feel as high as I did yesterday. Boy, I sure was on the other end of the spectrum, but it could be due to mom being content and happy. After her nap today we are going to read some shakespeare. We use to go the the plays every year in Ashland till she couldn't any more. We went for 17 years straight,,I sure miss that.

Let me know how you are doing Tash.

Silly Shannon....(did I put the right number of n's in my name?)

Im glad you are feeling a lot happier.

Yeah Im ok. The meds Im on really are not working for me so Im going to go back and see the doctor to get them changed. Been meaning to make an appointment for days now but just been to busy with work and the horses latley. Never seem to have 5 mins to myself.

Anyway take good care of yourself

You are truly a kind person random, today is a down day, mom was doing so good and today she isn't. I try and treasure the good days as much as possible.

We actually had some snow fall here on the coast, mixed with rain so now we have slush...then sun, then snow and rain , the sun...I think the weather is bipolar.

Well, mom's doctors office called yesterday reguarding Hospice..I talked with her doctors nurse who is also his wife, they have always been supportive of me and call me back right away or even just call to check in...how many doctors do that anymore..anyway about Hospice, she told me that mom is doing way to well to consider Hospice right now. Although I was a little disappointed not to get the extra support, she made me feel good about the care I have been giving mom. She said that I am awesome..made me feel real good. She said her and her husband wished that all of their patients were taking care of this well. So even though it was a bit of a let down...it was also a great pat on the back.

hey shannon

Im so glad you get some support from your mums doctor there are not many doctors that would phone you now a days just to check everything is ok and offer support over the phone. It is a shame they cant support you more with you mums care but you do do a wonderful job shannon. And to hear that from a doctor well you must be so pleased.

Hope you are well.

Take care

Yes, Tash it does please me to no end with a compliment that they gave me. It gets me through the tough times. Mrs. doc even stayed on the phone and chatted with me a bit. It was nice. I was so fortunate to find this doctor. The doctor she had before this one was difficult to get a hold of, not to mention I would have to chase him down to make follow up appointments and when we did get in to see him, it was like 5 min visit, never requested lab work or anything like that. So when this doc came to town I immediately switched and have never regretted it. He has her on a schedule of visits, requests labs done on a regular basis and is there whenever I need to talk to them. His wife and entire staff are wonderful, in fact when I had electrical problems in my house, one of his nurses said her husband is an electrician and sent him over, so I wouldn't have to pay for one. They are very aware of the expenses we have. I am so lucky to have them.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, things were really exciting here. Tsunamit alert:eek:. what a thing to wake up to. Its still in a effect at this time, but I expect to be lifted soon. I live just a couple minutes from one of the only deep water bays on the coast. I can see the main sloughs that feeds into the bay from my house. If you don't hear from me for awhile its cause I have headed for high ground.

The warnings can last for several hours, but it has been down graded to a advisory. They had evcuated people who live close to the bay north of me, now they can at least go home. They are telling everyone to stay away from the water because of the strong currents and waves...could of figured that one out myself..but some people don't get it. A friend said she saw some idiot head to the beach with his surf board.:) One of the towns sourth of where I am at did get some damage in one of their marinas...to close for comfort for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Mom had a great birthday friday, she enjoyed visiting with her friends..unfortunately aunt came over to and stayed longer than I would of liked, but I was civil and behaved myself. All she could talk about was herself and her beautiful home, I swear if she was going to mention the studio that my uncle built for her one more time I was going to explode. Conversation turned to economy and how things are so expensive, so out of my own curosity I made the comment that how in the end of this caring for mom that I would more than likely end up living in my truck out at the stables...her reply: "Its so good you have a plan in place", don't have to explain how this mad me feel:mad:. She could just go back to her Martha Stewart life and stay away. I will never ever ask her for anything ever! I will remain civil for moms sake but thats all.

Just needed to vent this all out.

Archived