Mental Support Community

Addiction & Mental Case

58corvette

Unfortunatly I believe my Son who lives in this Hotel Room with me; is back to using Pills (His Addiction). Everytime he does he is like a Zombie, Smokes & falls asleep with it. Eats like he is goarding himself. Has trouble sleeping & constantly gets up & Tries but has trouble going to restroom & relieve himself. He also goes into Bathroom, Turns on Hot Water, Runs it forever & steams up Bathroom.

Me on the other Hand Im a Mental Case. I cant help him other than continue to pay for this room so we have a roof over our head for now. I dont go out, Constantly Depressed, With Anxiety & Dont Socialize.

What a basket Case I am. It is so sad for me to think where my Son & I will be in a Month or so when the Money Runs Out. I wish that "Intervention" show would have responded to my plea for help.

Everyday I struggle with myself. Dont really want to Die, to afraid & keep thinking im not ready & that im still here for a reason?

I just keep feeling Numb, Scared, Lost, Confused, with no direction. Like im just waiting for the worst to finally happen & the S--T to hit the fan.

I love my Son so Much. God I hope we can get through this HELL!!

A family friend of mine has been addicted to alcohol for a long time, it is a horrible thing. Luckily, she has a fiancé now who can look after her and help her stay busy. You could spend time with your son, or maybe inform his friends (if you know them well) that it is a problem.

Is it possible where you are to live in a council house? It's not ideal, but it sounds better than living in a hotel room. There are waiting lists which can last a while, but it's worth it if you get a home.

Sorry I'm unhelpful, I hope you can live in peace soon.

His Addiction has been a very tough & trying thing on me. Especially as a Parent. I also feel some quilt, as I know his Mom & My Divorce had a bad impact.

We have all tried to help at some Point, as far as Family & Friends; No Luck he just gets more angry. That's why I know it will have to be him, Intervention & Rehab. for him to have a Chance.

As far as Council House im not sure what that is? We have Homeless Shelters that I may or may not be able to get into for myself? I know he will not due to his Addiction. I just dont have the answer for both of us yet.

We may end up Seperated; And it's just sad because when I decided to quit my Job & Relocate to be near my Children Again. He & I made a Pact to Stick with each other; Get an Apartment or House & go from there.

It just hasn't worked out. Somehow we both need to get our act together.

As far as you being Unhelpful. Just you Replying, giving Advice & Suggestions Means So Much To Me.

Peace be With You. Thank You So Much

• 2 weeks later...
His Addiction has been a very tough & trying thing on me. Especially as a Parent. I also feel some quilt, as I know his Mom & My Divorce had a bad impact.

We have all tried to help at some Point, as far as Family & Friends; No Luck he just gets more angry. That's why I know it will have to be him, Intervention & Rehab. for him to have a Chance.

As far as Council House im not sure what that is? We have Homeless Shelters that I may or may not be able to get into for myself? I know he will not due to his Addiction. I just dont have the answer for both of us yet.

We may end up Seperated; And it's just sad because when I decided to quit my Job & Relocate to be near my Children Again. He & I made a Pact to Stick with each other; Get an Apartment or House & go from there.

It just hasn't worked out. Somehow we both need to get our act together.

As far as you being Unhelpful. Just you Replying, giving Advice & Suggestions Means So Much To Me.

Peace be With You. Thank You So Much

The addiction will only settle when life is settled unfortunately. Addictions are brutal and are one of the hardest things in life to get past. Until it affects him in such an emotional manor that he feels guilted by it, it's only way past is intervention =/ However, if there's anything worth staying for, it'd be to see your son prosper some day. May not be soon, but when the day comes it will be the most glorious thing you'll ever stand witness to.

I wish you guys the best of luck though, stuff is bound to get better at some point. No life goes purely without gain. ;)

Some times you have to let what you love go..... and if it is meant to be they will come back.... AND I KNOW that saying is about a man and a woman.... but I had to let my kisds go.... I hated it when they had to live in their cars... but THEY KNEW they could come here.... but not use on my property..... I am sorry you are hurting...

Archived