Mental Support Community

My favorite song to listen to when I am sad ( might trigger?)

Sparkleeyes

• 2 weeks later...

I love natalie merchant :) she reminds me a little of Sarah McLachlan

I love that song i think its beautiful. I think i can relate to it.

I can think of so many songs that i play really loud even at 4:18 in the morning lol. Thank goodness my neighbors cant hear the music lol But i picked one i listen to obessively only because i like the singer and the song. I can relate to it in many ways.

The song is called bring me to life by evanescence. shes a really good singer. i love some of her songs but i honestly think this is my favorite so far.

heres the meaning of the song http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bring_Me_to_Life

and heres the video

Guest ASchwartz

Sparkleeyes,

What a beautiful expresssion of what we all feel when we have been hurt by someone we loved and who has become a mean, rejecting and abusive person. Others might not agree but I don't see why this should be a trigger. Thankyou for directing us to that particular song.

Allan

Ahhh, the beauty of sadness. Would we have any truly great music without it? When I left my job to pick up the pieces of myself and put them back together, a coworker suggested I listen to Jann Arden. She writes some beautiful sad songs. This one, "Where No One Knows Me" reminds me of this place. (and may also explain why we are here:))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_BPgUCQ0EM

• 1 month later...

Sad music can be a trigger for me if it hits at the wrong time so I appreciate the denotation. I know from experience that when I feel off-center, playing sad music only makes it worse.

To each their own though. Music has a strong effect on mood, so it is good to know what music to reach for when life is not going so well.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Ralph,

Its not just you. It happens to all of us or many of us at one time or another and there can often be one song that conjures up bad feelings. Music is very evocative but sometimes of very bad times.

Allan

Archived