Mental Support Community

The point is?

Guest deadman

Deadman, it sounds as though you've been through the ringer with therapists. ;) There are some qualified professionals out there if you keep searching. Do you have insurance of any kind that might help with payment?

I very much agree that we should help our fellow man whenever possible. A good, caring therapist would sit with you in your pain and guide you to learning new coping strategies... which you could then use to hopefully relieve your emotional pain.

How are you feeling today? Is there anything that brings you happiness, even if only fleeting moments of this?

Deadman, I'm glad you found your way here. We all need human contact. I hope talking and being listened to here gives you just a touch of warmth. They may just seem like words on a screen, but there are real people behind those words.

Well, it's quite possible that along the way, we'll also meet some people who aren't nice. Hey, looked at a certain way, it might even be most of them ...

But that still doesn't seem to be a great reason for "ticking"; more a reason for seeking out the other kind of people. And maybe keeping business separate ...

I don't know; I certainly can't answer why bad things happen to good people. But then, I think that's because we each have to answer questions like that for ourselves.

I got to that point, too (my "weapon of choice" was going to be a parking garage), but eventually, I guess I decided that all suicide would do for me would be to dispose of the only person who could fix anything ...

Another way to put it might be to refer you to the Serenity Prayer, as someone did for me, once (in a hospital, where I had put myself to avoid my weapon of choice). Now, I'm not religious, in any traditional sense; I tend to read it as a simple wishlist of personal traits. Especially the "serenity to accept what I cannot change." Which is most of the rest of the world, when you get down to it.

Archived