Mental Support Community

New Year's Day blues

Luna-

Here I am online with only a motley assortment of bots. :o It's cold and rainy here and has been for several days. I know I should have planned something to do today to keep the blues away, but I didn't. I should have planned to be with someone. My reclusiveness has turned very nasty on me and I'm bitterly regretting that I was so arrogant as to believe I didn't need other people irl. I'm trying to just stay with the feeling and accept that it is as it is, but it aches in my chest when I cry. And there is not even anyone around here to huddle with just for a little bit. ;) Is there?

A consolation is that after today the whole sad, sorry mess of another holiday season will be over and I can put it behind me. Move on and see more people and build more contacts. Chalk yet another year up to experience and try anew. I say that every year.

Anyone out there who wants to pop in and say hi? I'm not sparkling company but if you're feeling as I do, you probably don't want bright and shiny. Loneliness is eating me up these days. :(

My highly territorial cats say he sounds perfect. They are sharpening their claws already. I apologise for their attitude.

(Cute! I love a cat who talks. And I am quite happy to have my personal space invaded by a furry one - have been working on just that for weeks.)

I'll bet he is an unneutered male. We have one of those show up every few months and try to move in.

Err. Just before you put him on the plane. My cats are giving me the death glare and holding out their claws. I think he might want to reconsider.

Why can't they all just get along? (Hmm, I guess I should ask myself that ...)

Sorry I'm late in being here. :( I hate those waves of loneliness! I get them too sometimes. I had to work this morning and have been running around all day. Getting a chance now to relax...just in time to go to bed and start all over again. :(

There was a time, when I was a child, that we had a dozen cats at one time. :eek: Rumor got around town that my mother took them in and they would just appear at our doorstep. I love kitties. :)

Hope you are feeling better tonight. (((((Luna))))

Well I felt like adding my 2 cents worth. I went to my brothers house and got drunk, slept over his home(sort of) and went to my own place , crashed on the couch for anther 5-6 hours with my 2 little female dogs. Yep, i use to have kitties, was a total cat lover, still like them , but my son is highly allergic. my 2 friends were so happy we were home. They are the love of my life besides my own child. It's already after 8pm, the dishes are piled up in the sink and I stillneed to make my son dinner.

This month is gong to be tough financially , trying to catch up from the holidays, and not get so in the hole. LIving on disability and with a special needs son , already in low income , but nice apartments still it can be tough to make it through the month.

Happy New Years to All and, I very much do understand being alone .Yet I do not mind .

Hi Mscat, nice to see you again. :( Hope you didn't/don't (dunno with time zones) have too bad of a hangover. I left a sinkful of dishes too, plus a pile of laundry, didn't bother to make dinner just for me. I went to bed at 6pm, partly because I was very tired and partly because I felt so lousy I just wanted to escape.

My cats and I greet you and yer cats, Lunabelle!!!!! happy new year:)

Can your cats tell my cat to stop pooping on the floor when she's mad that I'm away for too long?

There was a time, when I was a child, that we had a dozen cats at one time. :eek: Rumor got around town that my mother took them in and they would just appear at our doorstep. I love kitties. :(

The most cats I had when I was a kid was 20. They were barn cats and loved fresh milk. Eventually, my aim was good enough to hit them with a squirt to keep them away from the cows (& becoming flat kitties). Some even figured out that a well timed meow got them more milk. :)

My cats are giving your cat a knowing grin. :)

My cats also suggest that Danni's rescue cat comes over to keep your cat company when you go away. :( Then we all cross our fingers and hope like hell he doesn't spray!

Flat kitties awww no! :eek: 20 cats sounds wonderful. My two have those well-timed meows down pat even though it rarely get them any more of what they want. :) You grow up on a farm, flander?

Sorry to hear you were in the ER again, Linda!

I hope you take this monumental calendar event and call it a new year for LUNA. New start, whatever you want to call it, take on the world, go kick some ass and go get um girl!!! :(

Oh, I wish, Linda! New start, yes. Take on the world, kick ass, go get 'em - I'm not so sure. Is that what you're going to do? You sound strong. I am so glad 2010 is over. Do you know this month will be our one-year anniversary of being here on the forum?

I am going to find a job this year. Being unemployed is doing BAD things to me.

Archived