Mental Support Community

Laws on sexul abuse

lonleyangel

I 'm not sure where to post this but from the time i was 3 yrs old until i was 8or 10 i was sexually abused I just recently found out that he pleaded sexual battery on me and more less was slapped on the had. I just hope and pray that the laws have changed since the 70s its almost feel liked being violated over agin:(

I am really sorry for what happened to you.

Well the issue in your case doesn't sound like it was the law, but rather how they prosecuted it. Laws on sexual abuse were often dealt with like that in past to avoid disgracing the family. Now days it tends to be more of a politically hot potato, but still it depends on the prosecution, the accused and the judge.

I am an accused in such a case except in my case I am effectively innocent, but these laws are often such that it is not the laws so much as how they are enforced.

HI fox and waiting thank you for your replys i think that the judge had dirty hands himself he told my mom if anything happened to the guy who raped me and my sisters over and over agian that if anything ever happened to him they would go looking for my mom so i never took out my own revange on him knowing my mom would be blamed

Archived