Mental Support Community

Things to See & Places To Live

58corvette

No Jim I don't think I saw it? Where was it posted.... So your daughter has a mustang? Awesome... is it a convertible? GT? what color?

One thing I have always wondered was why I was never a biker lady. It meets all my needs for freedom, sensory etc and I have always been that tom boy like teenager/woman, but I could never figure out why I had absolutely no interest in a motorcycle, ever....

A horse, yes but not a motorcycle. Then I remembered. I was like 10 yrs old and saw a man laying on the side of the road after he was hit by a car as he was driving his motorcycle and he was laying there without his leg.

I guess that is why I never ever even thought about it... Weird how the psyche works....

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe that post was in the Anxiety forum; Not quite sure?

My Daughter has an older Red GT Model I believe. Not a Convertable.

I was also raised riding Motorcycles. My Older Brother Died my Senior year in High School in a Tragic Motorcycle Accident. Changed my Life Forever. First time I dealt with Mental Issues & Hospital. Direct result of this Sad ending.

Anyway; Life, Circumstance, Fate always has it's way of influencing our Pysche.

Back to the Party; Places to See, Things to do & Places to LIVE!!!

: )

Shannon;

Im Ready to Ride. Your Pinto Sounds Beautful; The Preffered Horse of Many Indian Tribes I believe? A very Durable Underestimated Horse.

When you first mentioned Pinto; Since "Mustang Linda" had been mentioning Cars; I thought you were referring (at First) to the Infamous Ford Pinto.

Cars named After Horses. My All-Time favorite Racehorse; Secretariat, What a Horse. The Movie Seabiscuit; great Horse, Great Movie. Horses definitley touch my Soul.

ahhh Secretariat, now that was a horse, I remember watching that great race as it happened, I think I just dated myself there a bit. I also remember the infamous Pinto cars, as well as the Vega.

Yes horses sooth my soul, I have one that I trust enough to ride her without bridle or saddle, talk about a supper feeling to be able to ride a horse like that, its so natural. I even took her on a trail ride like that..should of seen the stares I loved it.

Flander you have been to Ireland; one of the Places & People I would love to see!!! Part of my Heritage is Irish. From County Courke, I believe they came to America during the Potato Famine in the 18 Hundreds. Where did you go & how did you like it?

Shannon; The Chevy Vega my little brothers First Car. Secretariat was a Horse for the ages that's for sure. The Indian's Rode their Horses Bareback; I think that's Great!!! You must be Very Good!!!

"Mustang Linda"; As soon as you said "a horse of course" I thought of the old T.V. show "Mr. Ed"; with Wilbur; Remember that? Ok Linda so you get your Mustang Convertable & Horse & Ride Linda Ride off into the Beautiful Sunrise!!!

In regards to My Older Brother thats Ok Shannon. He was so Full Of Life. His last b-day Card to me he wrote "Were Here For A Good Time Not A Long Time; Live Life For What It's Worth". Had A Picture of A Fisherman that looked like my Dad on it to.

Hey if it Rains; No Biggy we got our Horses & Hot Cars Still!!!

Flander you been to Ireland, thats one of my dreams as well, irish heritage here too, can't have a name like Shannon and not have some irish. I think we should include it in our travels

Mustang Linda, I think finding a place that has equine therapy is a good start. Maybe down the road you could adopt a real Mustang. Anyway, in this economy many people are giving away their horses.

Ok; First off im watching Football right now so forgive me Ladies as I go back-n-forth.

Secondly; Dear Linda My Twin Daughter always wanted a Horse & when I bought the last House with 5 acres That was my plan as well as a Barn. The Divorce Sadly Changed EVERYTHING. : (

Dear Shannon; I have learned over the Years as a Gentleman & through experience. Two Things you Never Mention to A Lady. 1) Age 2) Weight

so I remain Neautral; & "SAFE" : )

So "Mustang Linda" with your 6 Acres & of course with Proper Time & Finances; Follow Part Of Your Dream & Get That Horse & Ride Linda Ride!!!

In the Meantime the Mini (Horse) Van will do. Just Invision "This is My Mustang Horse". : )

Jim you have every right to enjoy the football game and no need to apologize. My mom was quite the football fan in her day, more so than my dad. She use to really clean up on the bets.

If its anything I have learned so far about you in your posts is that you are truly a gentlemen, a rare thing these days. Hotspot, Jedidiah and Brodman have been gentlemen and very conciderate of our feelings. I just can't seem to find that in a man around where I live...maybe someday.

Linda, there are several options available in having a horse, yes it would be nice to have it on your own property and yes its a lot of work. There are also boarding stables where you could lease one, or there are people like me that have more than one horse and wouldn't mind help caring for them. Asking your therapist is a good idea, since she lives in the same area and would know whats available. My only advice is take your time. If you get to the point in your life where you want to get one of your own, take someone knowledgble in horses with you. Unfortunately there are shady people out there trying to unload unsafe horses to inexperience people.

Linda; Im there. Love Ham. Even though im a decent Cook I dont like to. But when I had my Family I always Preparred & Cooked The Easter Ham. It was Delicious if I dont say so myself.

Ya Sports has always been a Big part of My Life. I was Scouted by the Dodgers, Reds & Expos in Baseball. Had some Speed (for Track) & played a bit of Football. But again Priorities changed when brother died. Just part of Lifes Journey.

But here I am bragging about myself Cooking & Sports. So Forgive me & lets move on.

Shannon I have no Doubt you will find "That Man". And Thank You for your Compliment!!!

Linda; Combine Shannon & my Suggestions & Bingo Again; "Ride Linda Ride"

Hi Everybody,

I feel like I'm joining the party a little late here. I have GOT to learn to speed read. Hard to keep track of everybody's comments. I had a foot of snow on my car this morning, went skiing and got that prickly feeling on the side of my nose on my last run up, which fortunately I've not had in years. FROSTBITE. So it was at that point, I was yearning to be in AUSTRALIA! Then when I got to this thread and thought about where I'd like to go, I wrote down BVI, Galapagos, India and Belize. I see a theme here - HEAT! Only one cold place on my list - Newfoundland - the only province I haven't traveled to or lived in. They have stunning Fjords.

Anyway, count me in for the skating party. I grew up on a lake and one time all the conditions lined up perfectly for a see-through (you could see the fish swimming under the ice!), totally smooth layer of ice that went right across the lake. I remember skating almost the whole way across, it was so cool. Bonfire sounds great too.

Oh, and my dream car if money was no object? A porsch. I drove a high end model built for snow when they were doing some demos up here in ski country. When I asked the price, I just about flipped - the price of a small house! OK, gotta start dreaming bigger if I'm going to go for that one!

can I join in on the party? :( I havent been skating in years as a matter of fact i dont think id remember how to skate lol. Brings back alot of fun memories though. Im glad i found this post i think it gave me alot of good things to think about.

The places id want to go to is hawaii, alaska or paris. Alaska im not sure about because after living in a cold state all my life, i dont think id want to go to another one. but i do love the scenery there. hawaii has always been my dream for as long as i can remember i wanted to live there :o and paris i always been fascinated with the eifel tower i dont know why i just think its beautiful.

Someone mentioned the ocean here so then i started thinking about how id like to walk on the beach feeling the sand in my feet and collecting sea shells. I love sea shells. I started day dreaming about all these things.

Good Idea creating this discussion i found something to distract me in a good way :)

I think this thread is a good place to take a breather too. As for skating, count me in....I should provide everyone some laughs, never been iceskating before..I did rollerskate when I was a kid..the only what I could stop without falling on my butt was to slam into the wall...splat:D

Hi Athena

Ok I will join you in Australia too. But for now lets enjoy the ice!!!!

Are you OK??? How is your nose???

Sounds like we have ourselves a great travel group here. Us Canadians and "cold state" folks could use a thaw. Maybe we can put the bonfire right on the ice and skate around it. BTW the nose is fine, thanks Linda.
I think this thread is a good place to take a breather too. As for skating, count me in....I should provide everyone some laughs, never been iceskating before..I did rollerskate when I was a kid..the only what I could stop without falling on my butt was to slam into the wall...splat:D

I'm sure Jim would be happy to catch you;)!

Hey Everyone so glad we are getting more post on this. As far as Catching Anyone should thet Fall im there. I just hope youll all do the same for me. Since I have never Ice Skated Though; Probably would'nt even be able to get up on my feet to begin with. LOL

It would Truly Be Great to See, Do & Go to all these Places. After a Preety Good day of watching Football my Son got me a Bit down when he brought up Reality Again & What & where both him & I will be in a Month or so. Seperatly or Together?

Then I read the Post Again "Frozen" by Deadman & that brought me Down even more. Along with a Personal Threat posted for everyone to see on a Sports blog I was on. So just not a Good Day. Sorry All : (

But I still Hope & Believe in Dreams, Dreaming & Better Times. Please continue to post yours here!!!

Sincerely; Jim

Archived