Mental Support Community

Things to See & Places To Live

58corvette

Hi Linda; Glad this Post helped Lift your Spirits. :)

Being Our Own Field Of Dreams im sure we will find Plenty Of Company & Any Position we wish to Play & Enjoy.

You remember in the Movie Shoeless Joe Jackson Appeared. One of the All-Time Great Major League Ball Player's who's own Career was cut Short by The "Black Sox Scandal" of 1918 I believe. Sad because he really wanted no part of it & He Just LOVED to Play The Game Of Baseball. And the Dr. who also had his Career in Baseball Cut Short by a Chain of Events. Another True Story.

Ken Burns also Wrote his Book & Later a Documentary on The History Of Baseball & All Of it's Meaning. For me Baseball is Something I got into on my Own around 7yrs to 8yrs. Old. That & other Sports in General was not only Something I Loved, But an Escape. Kept me Going through High School.

Part of the Problem was I never was able to see it as a Business & that along with my Older Brothers Sudden death took my Life in another Direction & cut my "Career" Short. So for me Baseball will always be Very Dear to me in many ways. Just Playing For THE LOVE OF THE GAME. A Nine Inning Game to me is a Lot Like Life Itself.

One of the things I told All Three of My Children as they entered High School was to Find Something you Enjoy that Helps keep you Motivated Through Very Difficult Teen & High School Years. Whether it be Sports, Drama, Anything that you may have an Interest in. I believe it helped them.

Also Linda I not sure if you read another new post from loneone yet? If you get a chance you may be able to relate to her some & helpout?

Thanx Again.

Sincerely; Jim

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lived on a lagoon as you already know and do you know what I miss the most? Watching and listening to the ducks, seagulls and geese that became my backyard buddies.

Also I can still see the shimmer of the water as I fished on a very calm night right before dusk when the water is so calm and you can see the fish swim right beneath the top of the water.

I caught many perch back then although I HATE eating fish, I would catch crabs, softshell crabs and the dreaded snapping turtles who always got caught in my crab traps, oh I hated those creatures!!!!

I'm feeling really really low and emotional today and I am so hoping these past good memories help me through the day....

Thanks for the memories ...

Have a good day Jim.....

That is really Cool Stuff. A Woman who Loves Sports & Loves to Fish. After My Own Heart Linda.

The Memories you have are Vivid & Fantastic to me. I definitely can Relate & it is what makes the Sea so Amazing.

I dont enjoy eating all fish. But there are many I catch that are Very Good. Especially Cod. Years ago while on a Fishing Boat of the Pacific Coast a Man from India Taught me how to take the Fishy Taste out of Fish & even some of the worst tasting Fish are Good.

Put the Fish in Boiling Water with Garlic for a bit & then after that Cook it any way you want. It Works very well. I did it with Bonita. A Fish that is very Oily, Fishy & Red. Just generally not a good tasting fish at all. It came out Great & Tasted Excellent.

Anyway Thank You for Your Responce & Sharing your Memories Linda. Helping me also as I continue to work through some Tough Days.

The Very Best To You ALWAYS!!!

Sincerely; Jim

Again So Very Cool. I love reading, sharing & learning from your Own memories & Experiences.

My Older brother (Who taught me so very well How to Fish) & I used to go to a Harbor & get Muscles off the pillings. We would then Shell them, put them in a Jar & use it as Bait Either at the Jetty Next to the Harbor or the Pier not far away.

This was in the 60's when fishing off the Coast near where I used to live was still Very Good. Lot's of Variety of Fish. That has all Changed Sadly from Pollution & Over Fishing. Now the Fishing in them Areas is Terrible & the fish are Generally Fish that is not very Edible. Such as TomCod, Sandshark, Mackerel.

One thing I would do(as i got Older) every chance I would get is take Pictures of My Catch so it was'nt just another "Fish Story".

A Funny Memory is when I was in another State of my Brother In laws. I caught a Decent Size Fish in their Local River. His Dad had me String it up on their Cloths Line & then Step Back a Few Feet with my Hand looking like I was Holding the Fish by the Mouth. When the picture was Developed this "Method" made the Fish look about Three Times as Large than it really was. :)

So along with your Crab Story; Their's another FishTail........... Good Stuff!!!

:cool:

• 5 months later...

Archived