Mental Support Community

Would Someone Able Please Delete This Account

Pakhawaj

Guest SomethingOrOther

I'm not able. Last time I saw an account deleted it left invisible holes in the conversations, though, and I thought it would have been better to just delete the messages and leave the overall frame intact, because a message you can't see is better than a message that's not even there. But anyway. I just wanted to wish you all the best before you leave. Nobody else can take your space, it's just going to be empty.

S.

Pakawaj, this has come up before, and I think the problem is that deleting accounts goes against the mission of the site. As this software and site is set up, it is meant to be something that others can read and maybe benefit from too. There might be others that feel the way you do, Pakawaj, and read what you are going through and how others respond. That is how I understand it, though I could have it wrong.

Pakawaj, I am sorry this is all causing you distress. :):D Is there anything you would say for others that feel the way you do?

Pakhawaj

As Finding says, accounts aren't deleted. If they remain unused for 6 months, they lapse, so that would be equivalent to what you want. So if you don't log in here for 6 months, your account closes.

If you have posts, that you don't want to leave here and don't want people to read, you yourself can delete them by clicking on Edit, in the post. You will need to do this separately for each post. Otherwise you can leave your posts here for someone else to benefit from, should they have similar issues to what you have raised. They can also benefit from all the replies and it helps to have the full story.

If you delete a post, the software requires that you put in at least 10 characters. Most people type .................

Does this answer your questions? Please say if there is more that you would like to know.

I understand, though it is unfortunate.

There is nothing more I would like to know.

Is there anything you would say for others that feel the way you do?

I cannot imagine a situation where someone could be as deplorable as I am, though it is a large world. Any messages I could have for these hypothetical people would most likely be offensive to anyone else and probably not adherent to this forums empathetic sensibilities.

I'm so sorry to have inflicted myself upon you all and disrupt your good forum, I don't think I meant to cause any unpleasant feelings.

I'm going to respond to a PM and then possibly respond to the following one, then delete this site from my bookmarks.

Thank you for replying.

Guest SomethingOrOther

I'm sorry, if I'm intruding again, but I saw that article on the main page about guilt today and I wondered if you think this is what is troubling you. A tough superego?

http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=41771&cn=1

It doesn't give solutions, since it's meant to be more theoretical, but I thought maybe it helps getting a perspective.

I'm not sorry you inflicted yourself on us. I'm stubborn, you know.

Thank you for the link, I've wondered about this before having seen a cartoon about one's superego. I'm not so sure about the weird personification of the superego though I'd accept that mine cripples me.

And I believe the article does offer "solutions" though ones I am too cowardly to commit to.

Please do not got out of your way to procure things like this because I will leave soon and your efforts will be wasted.

Guest SomethingOrOther

I meant that since it's a known concept to psychotherapists, there probably is also a known strategy to help people recover from it. What is mentioned in the text is what people do because of this, which doesn't help them get better, but might be a way for them to just cope for a while.

I didn't go out of my way, it landed in my way.

I have thought about this more than a little. And even if I changed my mind, I would be far too humiliated after publicly declaring my wish to be removed to consider remaining.

Somethingorother I am terribly sorry to have insinuated anything, I should not have been so presumptuous. I am very sorry.

The text mentions that I'll live an agonising life, if there were recovery methods I imagine the author would have mentioned them even off-handedly.

I'm far too stupid to recognise whether I suffer from an inflated superego or not anyway, so perhaps it does not matter.

Guest SomethingOrOther
if there were recovery methods I imagine the author would have mentioned them even off-handedly.

That's an assumption and I think it's wrong. If he had been planning to address that, he would have said whether there is recovery methods or not.

I know for one thing that the whole cognitive view of psychology is full of method for challenging negative self-thought. Therefore he did NOT mention them.

And I also doubt very much that the psychoanalysts have neglected to cover that area. And I think if one school of psychotherapy has methods and the other doesn't, the author would have mentioned THAT.

Because THAT would be scandalous. (I'm not sure scandalous is an english word, but I'll assume it is.)

(also, don't worry about me, I'll be fine.)

YOU have not humiliated yourself here, I understand that you feel that way, and I am sorry that you feel such, but even if you changed your mind, you are still more than welcome to be a part of this community.

Please do me one favor though, I know that you feel it, but can you think of a more positive word to refer to yourself as other than "stupid" please. You are not stupid!! I know I do not know you very well, but I know that you are asking for help even if you are pushing away, and someone who is not smart enough to do that wouldn't be here anyway. (I don't believe anyone is 'stupid' we all just have different motivations). Please consider staying and sharing with us what is causing you to feel this way. I have excellent hearing especially on the computer. I will lend you my shoulder to cry on and my hand to hold until you feel comfortable enough to walk on your own. We are hear for you!!

One time I got a private message but I didn't realize until months later that I had gotten it because I was new to the system. Typically I just start new threads or comment on them and get quick responses. Good luck with everything, and I'm sure no one feels you have taken up space

Guest SomethingOrOther

Somethingorother I am terribly sorry to have insinuated anything, I should not have been so presumptuous. I am very sorry.

I didn't immediately understand what you mean, but I think I see it now. You mean, you have insinuated that I'd go out of my way to find articles for you, right? That's not presumptuous, but from your worries about your influence on people I already know you wouldn't want me to do that, and without meaning to sound cold, I thought it best to explain that I wasn't really looking for an article to show you, when I read it. I hope that makes sense.

Guest SomethingOrOther

It's not a problem.

I hope you find good support and the right way to recover for you, so that your life will no longer be so agonising.

I meant maybe consider this a little more and the article SoO suggests:

I've wondered about this before having seen a cartoon about one's superego. I'm not so sure about the weird personification of the superego though I'd accept that mine cripples me.

There is more to you than this critical part that shuts things down. We are all more than our superegos. I suspect yours feels it is protecting you from something, but does it have to take over to the point of your not even wanting to live anymore?

Archived