Mental Support Community

Not replying to threads.... PLEASE POST A REPLY

Lindamomof7

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Finding and...

Thanks and Oh yes, I'm here. I may not feel like it all the time but I know I have to be here, and want to be here. Like everyone, I have my "moments."

A question occurred to me and its for everyone in this thread. Is feeling like you are bossy or writing too much, or thinking you are burdening us, something you often feel, even away from here, in your outside lives? I have a hunch the answer is Yes??

Allan

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Finding and...All

Thanks and Oh yes, I'm here. I may not feel like it all the time but I know I have to be here, and want to be here. Like everyone, I have my "moments."

A question occurred to me and its for everyone in this thread. Is feeling like you are bossy or writing too much, or thinking you are burdening us, something you often feel, even away from here, in your outside lives? I have a hunch the answer is Yes??

Allan

When I feel like I have something important to say that is relevant to the conversation I try to leave it. I worry alot about how others perseve what I am saying, so I don't always post for that reason. Also as with this post, sometimes it takes me a few days to actually read them, as I pick a few each day to read to and reply (if relevant). It is a mear exhaustion to read every post every day, especially when there are ten new posts in the new members thread. So if there are alot in that one than I will just read that one, and not the others. I do believe though that many others already posted some very good points on why some of us don't post more, lacking the self esteem, feeling like you don't know much about the situation, exhaustion, not wanting to make others feel bad, etc. I know I have had more than enough posts go by where I have only gotten one or two replys. I simply assume that others can't relate, and move on. Part of the issue is the time of day one is posting a new thread also. Obviously less people are on during the day as are at night. I am however only on during the day and not normally at night. Many reasons, to many excuses :(

Hope all is well with everyone!!

I haven't been on the forum that long, the first time I just wanted to sort some things out and I felt I was in such imbalance that I didn't feel all that qualified to offer any "sage advice" to the confused souls in this community since I myself feel like I belong to that category. It could also be that at that time I just wanted some help and then put the "mental imbalance" behind me so I just left the community behind me.

This time around though I feel I have acknowledged my problems more. If I see some room for a supportive post I will take that chance, since I know I appreciate responses to my threads a LOT so I will try to apply some insightful retorts from now on.

i dont reply too often because I dont think I have much to offer. I dont feel qualified to offer any advice to others... I get tired of saying nothing of value to help people so I often don't post.

Mary, I think you're selling yourself short. Sometimes just sitting with a person can offer comfort. When you feel your own caring through supporting another, you're embracing yourself too. It could be healthy for you to recognize and share your gifts, Mary. Your support does have value, as do you.

Ken, hugs can go a long way. Simple, caring gestures can be very powerful.

Archived