Mental Support Community

Is This Considered Sexual Abuse?

Esruc

That sounds awful, Es. I don't know or care what you call it.

I don't know of any style of wrestling where it's legal to grab the other person's genitalia. And no, it's not particularly normal for an adult to be nude in front of children, especially so aggressively, or to mock the child's nudity, or to invade their privacy in the bathroom to do it. Or to lock them outside semi-nude ...

Did you try to stop this behavior, maybe talk to your parents about it?

Keep in mind that I don't know the circumstances you grew up in.

Why did your aunt and uncle have so much control over your life? How did your parents treat whatever part of this they did know about?

Well, my first question, more or less, was why didn't your parents know? Were the aunt and uncle the ones who took care of you during the day? I also wonder whether you had any siblings, and whether they were treated similarly.

And I'm not sure what the point of my questions is, really, except to help you talk about this. It seems to me that the next logical step would be to find a therapist, as there are clearly several issues that are intruding on your peace of mind.

The reason I suggest the therapist is that we don't know how much else that you thought was normal, wasn't.

And personally, I think you're worth the effort of finding out, don't you?

Especially if self-knowledge might help you with other problems?

Hi Es, There is no way that is normal behaviour for adults. It is immature and normal adults know that this is invasive, demeaning and crude. They would never have acted that way with your mother, and it was not any more proper to do it with you. You were an easy target as a child and they allowed themselves this stupid behaviour because you were powerless to do anything about it....

The question is how much has it bothered you? Is it just one of those memories that one wishes one did not have (like the guy that flashed me as I was walking down the street one day- I really would prefer that was not in my head...), or is it something that has shaken up your world to a greater degree???? All depends on how you integrated the experience..... Anyway, shame on them for being so thoughtless...

Archived