Mental Support Community

why do people like to kick u down when your feeloing down already

tash28

I'm sorry things are rough for you today. I know when things go bad they really seem to go bad am I right? As for people kicking you when your down I don't know why they do it.. but I do know what you are talking about... over and over I know what you are talking about lol.

Just realize it is them not you. Hopefully that can help a little.

Sometimes those same people years later change, become better people. Not all the time :D

But sometimes they do.. and that helps me as well.. just hoping things will improve.

Is it okay if I ask whether you're okay?

I can leave you alone, if you want, but I'm not sure that's what you're asking.

I know it's a lot harder to explain to them if they don't already know what happened.

Tash I think I know what you mean, there was a person who boarded her horse same place as I did. I had thought she was a friend...but when I had a bad day, or just didn't feel ok, it was like she fed off of it...turned my misery into her misery and would not leave me alone when I asked...she wanted to know what I was upset about, I didn't feel the need to tell her so she would go around and make stuff up. because I did not buy into her turning my bad day to her bad day,,she wanted focuse on herself...I don't know if this is what you are talking about. but that was my experience...I am just glad that evil person is gone from my life

You are allowed to have a bad day and you are allowed to talk about it when you are ready.

Shannon

I'm sorry you had such a rough day, Tash.

One thing I'm not sure about, though: I'm concerned about you, too. Does that harm you?

I know it must be very difficult when you feel that people are prying into things you don't want to face. It's quite possible that your manager didn't mean any harm, though. She may in fact care about your health; she just doesn't know what's wrong, and you are having a hard time because you don't want to tell her.

Yeah, I understand. I think a lot of people who've been traumatized suffer in that middle ground between needing to be comforted and no longer trusting that need.

I don't have any quick answers. But I hear you, and I'm letting you know that you're not alone.

The reason that people who love you would want you to keep trying is precisely the situation you illustrated: your current pain may be temporary (like his was), but your death is permanent.

Archived