Mental Support Community

a crushing disappointment...

fennicfox

To be blunt, I was interviewed yesterday but today, after a FBLA conference, I got a call saying I didn't get the job. This devastated me, Why? because I was so sure that i was going to get the job. Mom even knew one of the employers. They said they found someone more "flexible" than me. yet, I had on of the most flexible schedules. Do I give off a horrible vibe? Is my personality seem that bad? I feel like I deserve it but I do see it in myself yet I still think it. My mom told me that she would talk to one of the employers and not to give up "Hope." Hope, what hope? the only hope i ever have any more is that I can stay True to God, even tho i do it horribly, and the small very small hope that life might get, even a little, better. But looking at the crap that's going on, I don't the the second will not happen and ,seeing my mind and body cant take much more, the first one might happen sooner than expected. I know I'm only 17 but I do think I'm depressed. It just life has gotten so bad, that i can't remember much good about life. I pray things get better.

Thank You and God Bless

I am sorry you did not get the job, you were hoping for. The job market out there is terrible right now. Tell yourself you did the best that you could, and that it is "THEIR LOSS"

I think a lot of people would feel depressed about not getting a hopeful job. However, if your depression lasts more then two weeks , or your feeling worse , a therapist could help you . Maybe even a job counselor could help you find the right job for you. their is always hope . Best wishes to you.

Did you see yourself staying at that job forever? It might be a blessing in disquise, in a couple weeks or months you could find a job that you like so much better and you might so happy that you didnt get this one. They might have already had a certain kind of person in mind that they were looking for and just because you werent that doesnt mean you had a bad personality or gave some kind of bad vibe. There is so much hope for you.

Guest ASchwartz

Hi Fennicfox,

I agree that not getting that job might be a blessing in disguise. There are better jobs out there.

Please do not blame your self for not getting this job. We have a terrible economic situation in which employment is extremely difficult. One of the difficult things about being 17, and this is not a criticism because we have all be 17 and had children that age, is that its difficult to be patient.

Be patient, keep looking, keep going to interviews and do not give up. It might take a long time but you will find something good for your self while your interviewing skills will greatly improve. It really is a matter of tolerating disappointment.

What do you think?

Allan

Archived