Mental Support Community

So annoyed

sensitive_woman

I'm really annoyed with my pdoc today. I completed the 7 day anti-depressant therapy. I called her to say that I am feeling much better and would like to stop the meds as I feel terrible side-effects (disoriented, dizzy almost like a hangover, stomach upset, intense hunger cravings) which have reduced but still there. She says I should continue taking the meds for 3 more days and go and meet her. She refuses to believe these can be the side effects of the meds saying 'No, its just not possible'. I am really pissed with her. I think she wants me to continue visiting her so she can make more money and keep me drugged.

What do you think? Maybe I"m over-reacting but I dont want to continue with these meds. What would happen if I stop taking them and dont visit her after 3 days? I have already taken them for 7 days.

I'm sorry you are still feeling badly on the meds. :(

What would happen if I stop taking them

You are on a low dose and you have only taken them for a week - probably nothing will happen. You may have a bit of sleeplessness from stopping the clonazepam and perhaps some rebound anxiety. I have never taken Paxidep so I can't tell you what happens when you stop, but I doubt it would be much after 7 days on a low dose.

About not going to see her: It is obviously your decision, but what if you might need to go back to her if things go badly again? What if you stop and then a week later everything is worse again and you need to go back and start over again with the meds? Just think about it. If you do go back, be sure to tell her that you experienced these side-effects even if it is impossible. Some pdocs just don't know.

Perhaps it would help you to know that Paxidep takes weeks to start working on depression. You get side-effects first and then only after a number of weeks do you see the actual effect. So the Paxidep hasn't actually started working yet.

Good luck.:o

Good Lord Luna, you are right. If I stop taking them altogether, I may have withdrawals or something? Or may need to see her again because I get more depressed than I was earlier? I know the dose is low but normally I never take any medication for anything other than Cetadom for my migraine which is like once in 2 months or Crocin (US-Tylenol) if I have fever or bodyache which is about twice a year.

I really am a sensitive woman as in I get immediate reaction to any drug I may take. I'm allergic to NSAIDs (pain killers) and I get body rash even if I change to a new product. God, I wish I didn't have to go through all this and life would be great all of a sudden.. I'm having a hard time facing people again after the divorce. Its like I live on another planet altogether and that is depressing me more. How are the medications ever going to make me feel myself again because I'll never be un-divorced again.

The meds, once you have the right ones for you and once they are working, will make you feel more able to cope. So you will deal with your life circumstances better. I found that my meds make me more 'me' in that I can engage with life as the person I am. They don't change my personality (pity, as there are some things that could do with changing :() but they mean I am not always looking through the murky glasses of depression and anxiety and can think clearer.

Archived